• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Enterprise Site

The point is that it’s the latest in a long line of flat rides that have been removed, none of which have been replaced.

If there’d been replacements for Ripsaw, Energiser and Submission this conversation would be far less strong.
Okay, I appreciate that, but the amount of sheer pessimism in this thread is borderline disgusting. Can't we be hopeful now that there's an opportunity for something fresh?

Could a HUSS Booster work on the Enterprise site? They look like amazing rides.

Could a HUSS Booster work on the Enterprise site? They look like amazing rides.

Could be a problem height wise in that location with regards to the treeline perhaps given that Smiler has to be built in a pit and Oblivion goes straight down in to a massive hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a problem height wise in that location with regards to the treeline perhaps given that Smiler has to be built in a pit and Oblivion goes straight down in to a massive hole.

The capacity and throughput isn't great either, especially on the shorter models. I wouldn't mind a Ziera Star Shape, but that's probably too tall as well.

Wrong booster, mate. Google goes a long way ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

I think that you are thinking of Fabbri Boosters. HUSS Boosters are sadly retired, however one is in storage and Towers could perhaps buy it and build it here. We can only hope.

I think that you are thinking of Fabbri Boosters. HUSS Boosters are sadly retired, but one is in storage and Towers could perhaps buy it and build it here? We can only hope.

Indeed, when I hear booster I immediately think of the ride currently manufactured by Fabbri and KMG (as Speed) rather than the ride as manufactured by Huss of which Google now informs me that only three were ever built with the last one being made 20 years ago.

Okay, I appreciate that, but the amount of sheer pessimism in this thread is borderline disgusting. Can't we be hopeful now that there's an opportunity for something fresh?

I just think it’s probably fair mate, on balance.

If you look at my posts on other topics about the park, I’m far from pessimistic. I think the Nemesis retheme looks great, Curse of AM looks really interesting, Project Horizon sounds great and I’d be totally behind an NST reopening if that happens.

But I’ll call it how I see it, and the fact remains that the park haven’t installed a permanent adult flat ride since Submission opened 22 years ago whilst removing (I think) 4 (Ripsaw, Submissoon, Energiser and Dynamo) and now Enterprise. They’ve also drafted in a group of fair ground rides as the ‘retro squad’ which was a dubious choice for a one year gap filler but is now blatant negligence as we enter a third year.

The reality is that whilst Enterprise being removed is an opportunity for something better to replace it, what will happen, in the short term at least, is it will be ‘replaced’ by something which would look more at home at Winter Wonderland - they’re not bad rides but they’re not what the park is about and not what people go there for.

I do actually think that long term it probably will be dealt with one way or the other but that’s mainly based on the logic of ‘surely eventually it has to be’ rather than anything evidence based as I’m yet to see anything promising on that front.

A few people commented on the post I did last week about Funk N Fly saying towers was getting one of these, I assume it’s a replacement for roller disco, but by the looks of it they’ll be putting it where enterprise was.

B8CA764D-D479-40A2-8E1A-05B610127C80.png9A4C3A02-CE47-4320-9801-7BAAC0275A41.png

It’s a Star Fighter from Scotland.

The only flat ride I'd be thrilled to have at towers would be a gyro swing but I won't hold my breath because I can't see them wanting to dig down for a flat ride in this day and age

I would love a gyro swing. Specifically an Intamin one, as they are the only ones worth having IMO. There is a chance they could fit one into FV.

The same size model as Drayton's is about 2.5m taller than Blade. 17m vs 14.5m. That could be accomodated quite easily within the Blade site.

They may have a hard time in hiding the ride whilst it is in full swing though and that is where issues could arise with planning. As the swing height for Intamins smaller model is about 27m vs the swing height of Blade, which is about 19 meters. Quite a difference.

To bring this back on topic. They would need to dig down 7 meters into the ground in X sector, (quite a hole) to have the max height of Intamins smallest gyro swing, matching the height of Oblivion, when the ride is at it's max swing. I could not see this happening for that reason. They could do what Drayton do and have the swing permanently lower than what the ride is capable of. That would mean they do not need to dig down as far I guess.

A few people commented on the post I did last week about Funk N Fly saying towers was getting one of these, I assume it’s a replacement for roller disco, but by the looks of it they’ll be putting it where enterprise was.

B8CA764D-D479-40A2-8E1A-05B610127C80.png9A4C3A02-CE47-4320-9801-7BAAC0275A41.png

It’s a Star Fighter from Scotland.
To be fair this would be absolutely fine as a semi permanent (non Retrosquad) addition if they install it without the temporary looking lights and op booth

The problem with the cheapo fairground rides is that most of them just spin around and around making the likes of me feel sick. A couple of the retrosquad rides (waltzers & the one in FV) were a couple of such rides so they were 2 rides that were of no use to me. Didn't try the one in X-Sector but that didn't look any better. The Gyroswing at Drayton is fine as that rotates in a slower way and most of the fun in that is in the large swing (love that ride). The cheaper stuff that Towers have brought in in the last few years seem to have only one trick - and that's spinning you around at high speed. A bit rubbish really, unless you're particularly into that kind of thing.

Mondial Shakes are amazing, would definitely like to see one
Mate, that ride looks like the work of the devil! You must have a stomach of cast iron for that not to make you feel sick. I wish I wasn't so pathetic at withstanding spinning rides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a good rock on it and you can have plenty of inversions too. Did 2 rides back to back on Hanstein's Commander at Tilburg.