• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Enterprise Site

From the video description:

"I expect NOTHING from you my subscribers other than to share the passion"

Then 2 lines later:

"However lots of people have asked me to cover the London parks by air. if you want me to cover Thorpe etc then as I'm not London based it'll cost me a fair bit in time and petrol, so please consider buying me a coffee, any donations will go towards funding a trip down south from over VERY northern base"

Fund your own trips, mate. Especially after saying that you don't expect anything. People these days are really something else.

From the video description:

"I expect NOTHING from you my subscribers other than to share the passion"

Then 2 lines later:

"However lots of people have asked me to cover the London parks by air. if you want me to cover Thorpe etc then as I'm not London based it'll cost me a fair bit in time and petrol, so please consider buying me a coffee, any donations will go towards funding a trip down south from over VERY northern base"

Fund your own trips, mate. Especially after saying that you don't expect anything. People these days are really something else.

Cleary, by NOTHING, what he actually meant was money.

I am not sad to see the back of Enterprise, they were average to bad flat rides back in their heyday. I am sad to see another flat ride leave the park overall however.

What amazes me is how there has been so much generally over this whole Enterprise thing, and people say they’re going to miss it etc which is fine, but just do what Thorpe did and get another one straight in ASAP! Clearly the demand for it is there and Towers know that, they are just fortunate that it lasted nearly 40 years. At the end of the day another wheel will thrill just as much as it’s predecessor.

What amazes me is how there has been so much generally over this whole Enterprise thing, and people say they’re going to miss it etc which is fine, but just do what Thorpe did and get another one straight in ASAP! Clearly the demand for it is there and Towers know that, they are just fortunate that it lasted nearly 40 years. At the end of the day another wheel will thrill just as much as it’s predecessor.
Not going to happen unfortunately as they filled the hole in with concrete. Hopefully something else will go there eventually though.

Yep it's really that simple. Lots of people in this thread saying they won't miss it or it wasn't a good ride like they expect them to fit something else (that's better) in it's small footprint, good luck with that

Not going to happen unfortunately as they filled the hole in with concrete. Hopefully something else will go there eventually though.
Did they actually? That seems like an excessive amount of concrete. That pit is quite deep... that amount of concrete that would surely hamper any site redevelopment down the line.

Did they actually? That seems like an excessive amount of concrete. That pit is quite deep... that amount of concrete that would surely hamper any site redevelopment down the line.

More than likely filled with soil, much cheaper and does exactly the same thing for this specific use case, for a fraction of the cost. I mean, it was what was there before.

The concrete is nearly level with the ride platform though, although as you say it could have soil underneath.

Screenshot_20230227-201517-419.png

If it's concrete I'd imagine we'll be seeing some sort of replacement ride there in the near future as why spend the money to fill the hole with concrete if so
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, they wouldn't spend the money to in-fill it if they weren't intending to use it for something else.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, they wouldn't spend the money to in-fill it if they weren't intending to use it for something else.
I'm sure on one of the squadding videos there is a guy in the hole with a whacker plate compacting some limestone. . Unless they have just topped the limestone off with a concrete "pad" so to speak.

One thing I mentioned a few pages back that no-one really picked up on is that if this area was just to be used as say, a seating area - ie not a ride, then why leave the operating booth and queue line in place? Wouldn't have taken much more effort to get rid of the fences considering they were using angle grinders to cut up Enterprise!

I still think this could be the location for a 4th (if Roller Disco returns) or the 3rd Retro Squad ride - the one rumoured to be coming down from Scotland?

One thing I mentioned a few pages back that no-one really picked up on is that if this area was just to be used as say, a seating area - ie not a ride, then why leave the operating booth and queue line in place? Wouldn't have taken much more effort to get rid of the fences considering they were using angle grinders to cut up Enterprise!

I still think this could be the location for a 4th (if Roller Disco returns) or the 3rd Retro Squad ride - the one rumoured to be coming down from Scotland?
I think you're right, but didn't a load of Submissions queue get left behind when that site was cleared? Thinking back it was also true for a number of attractions (Dynamo, Boneshaker, Beast), queue infrastructure only removed at the site preparation phase. Even Ripsaw only had its bridge removed I think?

They could well be planning to block pave it on top of the concrete the same as the rest of X-Sector to make it match up.