• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Enterprise Site

On the topic of the flat rides, what the backstories for both Enterprise and Ripsaw?

If I'm aware, Ripsaw was supposed to the scrap remains of the steel supports holding Nemesis down as is the same with Blade? Might be an idea to bring that idea back if they brought Ripsaw back while Enterprise, I've no clue what it was supposed to be themed to other than just some gravity experiment...thing?

A sales call is one of those reasons, and that in and of itself doesn't mean Towers are particularly interested right now.

In my understanding, the theme park industry doesn't really work like other industries in the fact you have reps going from park to park in an attempt to sell multi million pound pieces of equipment..

This is one of many reasons why trade shows such as IAPPA exist, to replace the need for sales calls

Last edited:
In my understanding, the theme park industry doesn't really work like other industries in the fact you have reps going from park to park in an attempt to sell multi million pound pieces of equipment..

This is one of many reasons why trade shows such as IAPPA exist, to replace the need for sales calls
Agreed.

“Hi there, could you point me to the team in charge of ride purchasing? I’ve got an Enterprise in the boot that they might be interested in.”

Just doesn’t happen in the industry as you say.

I don't know if this is out there yet but AT have confirmed it's gone, gone.

Amazed they can’t source a second hand one from somewhere in the World? I presume Huss don’t make them new anymore?

They still make them.

"The classic ENTERPRISE is one of the most successful HUSS® rides ever built. It enjoyed huge success during the 70s, 80s and 90s, with more than 75 attractions being sold worldwide. Nearly all of these rides are still in operation, except for those operated by Merlin entertainments who have managed to kill two of them in recent years, injuring some riders in the process, clear proof of the low quality of MERLIN® entertainments."

Tbh a fair few seem to have closed in the past couple of years .. and the 1st Thorpe Enterprise was open after said incident before removal

Of course sales calls happen. Successful trade shows will lead to sales calls, that is the point of trade shows. This is how business is done. Higher outlay means more meetings are likely to be necessary to close a sale fully. Sometimes these things are done in reverse, and all the sales effort goes in upfront with an arrangement to agree a sale at an upcoming trade show. Same difference.

For clarity I'm not saying Huss are turning up to Alton Towers uninvited with a catalogue in a briefcase like David Brent trying to upsell tampons, these would probably be pre-arranged meetings; the fact the customer is open to a conversation (about what, we don't know) does not mean they are preparing to sign on the dotted line for new hardware.

Bit off topic from Enterprise but mostly about Ripsaw...however, if a Ripsaw MK2 was to appear, it just occurred to me that a HUSS topspin actually would solve Towers' flat and water ride problems in one go.

Technically speaking, given how they went with how Rippy soaked guests in certain days, it honestly could be classed as a water ride - certainly does the job better than the Rapids do these days. So yeah, far cheaper than building a full water ride which Towers needs and ofc the flat ride problem is sorted out to some extent, still need a few more flats such as Enterprise MK2.

In summary, Ripsaw MK2 would kill two birds with one stone for Towers with those two criteria filled. 🤔