• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Enterprise Site

It's a joke that refers another ride of a similar theme that you'd think one would get. Sheesh, never mind.

And BTW, didn't HH back in the day have a ghost host much like HM?
I did understand it sorry. Wish sarcasm could be implemented in text somehow :/

Also, yes, The HH did have a ghost host, though this was added in its last years operating before Duel came along.

Not sure if already mentioned, but there are still gondolas by the daisy train, and at least 4 now tucked behind Oblivions station (can be seen if you are on the right hand side of Oblivion while on the transfer track).

Perhaps those gondolas seen being transported were not leaving the park, and were moved to Oblivion station, which is interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Having ridden one, can we get a Tivoli Force 10 as a replacement? Great little ride.

Think it's quite obvious AT are not interested in replacing flat rides anymore - when was the last thrill flat installed permantly? Submission in 2001? Guess you could argue SubTerra?

They're probably eyeing that corner where enterprise and submission were for a future rollercoaster.

Think it's quite obvious AT are not interested in replacing flat rides anymore - when was the last thrill flat installed permantly? Submission in 2001? Guess you could argue SubTerra?

They're probably eyeing that corner where enterprise and submission were for a future rollercoaster.
A few years ago, yes. Now however, Merlin have only now realised the error of their ways and know that they have to get the flat ride issue sorted out but it'll take a few years to find a permanent solution.

After all, if Merlin didn't care for flats then we would never had gotten the Retrosquad in the first place which honestly is hard to tell if that is a good or bad thing.

A few years ago, yes. Now however, Merlin have only now realised the error of their ways and know that they have to get the flat ride issue sorted out but it'll take a few years to find a permanent solution.

After all, if Merlin didn't care for flats then we would never had gotten the Retrosquad in the first place which honestly is hard to tell if that is a good or bad thing.

Thats a bit naieve- realising the error of there way by renting some old fair rides.

Come on.

I am sure I read a while back that all Huss Enterprise (or maybe just certain models) were altered as per instructions from the manufacturer so they no longer went vertical after some sort of incident on one.

That sounds probably the most plausible reasons to me. Mechanically speaking there is not much difference between nearly vertical and vertical, not enough that would be affected by age I would not have thought.

If the ride suffered a failure which caused it to get stuck at vertical, surely that'd make cars at around 9 and 3 (if it were a clockface) rather torturous? Far more than if it was someway off vertical.

If the ride suffered a failure which caused it to get stuck at vertical, surely that'd make cars at around 9 and 3 (if it were a clockface) rather torturous? Far more than if it was someway off vertical.

The arm has a static, non electrically or mechanically induced force always trying lower the arm. Sort of how B&M and most other coaster manufactureres friction break systems require power for the brake to be essentially turned off.

The end result is, if power is lost, pressure is lost to the actuator and the gondola will always return back to the ground..

Unless the arm bearing failed then I guess it could get stuck vertically. But generally bearings do not just fail, you get plenty of warning..

Last edited: