• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

ES Voltron Viewage: 30th March - 4th April 2024

I still can't quite believe this meet begins next week. Six-and-a-half years since I last visited EP, I'll be returning. I'm disappointed that Voltron won't be opening, but you know what? I don't really care. It's still going to be a great trip. Roland, I'm coming home. ❤️

Unfortunately won't be able to attend this now, mounting costs (have a big US trip this year) and the probability of visiting when Voltron opens etc. Would have been great to meet peeps but hopefully more trips will happen in the future.

Thank you everyone who came for a fantastic week. Annabelle and I had a fantastic time, and really hope there is another adventure next year. I know I say this after every meet, but thank you everyone for making Annabelle feel so welcome, and thank you to all those who kindly let Annabelle return their cups at Rulantica.

Special thanks to AstroDan for organising the evening meals. Both were excellent. Your effort and time is truly appreciated.

Day 1
We visited the course, and had lunch before playing the 9 hole junior course. The restaurant is really great, and the food was quick and enjoyable. The junior course was probably a little on the pricey side for the condition it was in, but was still good fun, and an enjoyable afternoon.

After we finished, we headed to the camp site, where we set everything up, and then joined up with everyone for an evening meal at Silver Lake Salon. The entertainment was on, which made it more enjoyable, although aspects of the puppet show are questionable.

Day 2
First full day on Park, and was lovely to go round as a group. We had lunch in the German Beer Garden and dinner at Sprit of St Louis, and the club sandwich was as good as ever.

Day 3
We broke in to small groups for this today, and it worked really well, allowing everyone to do their own thing. We had a wonder through the old Blue Fire Queue line, and went inside the little launch building.

For Lunch, we went to Bamboe Baai, which was good, but just needed a non curry choice of sauce. Maybe if my German was a little better, I could of got the Sweet and Sour sauce that comes with the spring rolls. That being said, we plan to go back in the future.
For Dinner, we had Pizza at Hotel Colesseo, where service was a little slow, but the food was fine.

Day 4
Rulantica Day. Got all the slides done, and did some multiple times. I have managed to get the fastest time of the day on Vikingløp, with a 13.9 (Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing). Annabelle had the time of her life collecting and returning everyone's cup, and left the cashier shocked with the amount of credit she had on her account. Rulantica VIBES was a little lack luster, but I expect this is because of how cold it was outside. Stormrok was good during the middle of the day, but when the wind was blowing, it was cold at the top of the queue. The view of the park from this height is great, with most of the coasters visible.

Day 5
Final day on Park, and while I finished the day on Peagus before heading to pack the tent away, Annabelle enjoyed several more rides.

Thanks to Jon, Thomas and Leigh for letting me use their room after I put the tent away, it was very much needed.
We finished the day with a group meal at Restaurant Castillo, where the meat did not stop coming.

Summary
A fantastic trip, despite the inclement weather through out the week. While we did not get the change to ride Voltron, seeing it testing was very exciting, and has us eagerly anticipating our next visit.

We went on to Paris and Parc Asterix after Europa-Park, so I only got home yesterday. It really was such a brilliant trip though, thank you everyone for a really great time! Lovely to do EP as a big group again for the first time in quite a while.

A shame about the lack of Voltron, but I did enjoy doing some viewaging on Wednesday; seeing it test really raised my excitement levels for getting on it later this year.

I'm now looking forward to a week of no pork as I dread to think how many pigs I have consumed over the last week!

Only got home late last night as our trip in the end had a load of silly bits tacked on. Adventure Island to Legoland via Germany. Loved every minute of it (except Conny-Land being shut) and am looking forward to the next one.