• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

ES Voltron Viewage: 30th March - 4th April 2024

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
ES Voltron Viewage: 30th March - 4th April 2024

Voltron_Nevera_powered_by_Rimac_Motiv_mit_Logo_Header__0.jpg

This is advance notice of an official EuropaStreet meet at Easter to Europa-Park. We anticipate that Europa-Park will reopen for the 2024 season on Saturday, 23rd March (1 week after our official meet to Alton Towers) and we plan to visit just a week later to let the vlogging types come and go (we'd not want any background footage of us lot drinking a stein in the background of Freckle Eyed Freddy's latest vlog now, would we?)

What's the plan, I hear you ask?

Good Friday, 29th March 2024/Easter Saturday, 30th March 2024

Travel out to Europa-Park. Those travelling by car will stay overnight on the way to arrive at Europa-Park in the afternoon on Easter Saturday (Friday is just a setting out/travel day). Those travelling by plane will look to arrive anytime on the Saturday.

Saturday. 30th March 2024
Group meal at Silver Lake Saloon. Where better than to start a trip to EP than at SLS! We'll book in for around 7 or 7.30pm to make sure there's plenty of time to soak up the live entertainment, eat some delicious food and maybe a beer tower or two?

Easter Sunday, 31st March 2024
Full day at Europa-Park as a group, with rides, beers, food and fun!

Easter Monday, 1st April 2024
Splinter day. If you're looking to have a day banging out the rides - this is the one for you. Or, prefer to take it easy? Go for it. We'll reconvene for drinks in the bars in the evening.

Tuesday, 2nd April 2024
Rulantica. This will be a splinter day with some folks choosing to have a semi-relax day in Hyggedal while others tick off every ride in the park. No doubt the VIBES will be flowing so a group session in Frigg Tempel as the sun sets will be in order! After the park closes, we'll meet for drinks in Bar Eriksson over the water in Kronasar.

Wednesday, 3rd April 2024
Full day at Europa-Park as a group, with rides, beers, food and fun! A group table will be booked at a restaurant in the evening.

Thursday, 4th April 2024
We depart Europa-Park and head our separate ways, eventually getting back to the UK!

Where to stay?
To make the most of this occasion (after all, it's the first new coaster at EP since our WoodieSosche meet over when we inhabited a different forum all the way back in 2012), many will be splashing out with a room at one of the outstanding resort hotels. Get yourself a pal, or a group of 3 or 4, and book a room at one of Bell Rock, Colosseo, El Andaluz or Alcazar. The romantics among you may want to get inside Santa Isabel. We don't recommend Krønasår for this meet due to the distance from the park and need for shuttle bus transfers. There are also loads of less expensive options in Rust itself - apartments, hotels, guest houses...​

Last edited by a moderator:
So...Very...Tempted...to the point where I've researched flights already and determined my best option is likely to be flying from Gatwick. :p

Thanks for organising this @AstroDan

We have booked camping for the 5 nights (I really wanted to book the last night in the hotel, but when the cost of camping was €175 for all 5 nights, and the hotel was €260 for one night, its hard to justify).

We are traveling out on Friday 29th on the 16:40 DFDS crossing (£117.50), and stopping at the B&B Hotel Saint-Quentin.

We are travelling back on the Thursday 4th April on LeShuttle which departs Calais at 19:20 (£134)

Last edited:
I'm a Positive maybe. Firstly - other enthusiasts I mentioned this too were all a bit wary, saying its a bit risky going that early before Voltron has a definite open date - I made the point the track is finished - and we still have over 5 months! Someone reassure me!

Also open to room share, and also open to transport ideas/sharing. I might just get a room booked and others can join.

Also I'm keen to try/splash out on Eatdrenaline if I go if anyones interested in that.

I'm sure @AstroDan has Roland Mack in his contacts.

Also considering this was meant to be opened in 2023 but got delayed due to a lack of microchips for the control system or something then I'm sure they'll want it opened at the start of the season.