• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

ES Voltron Viewage: 30th March - 4th April 2024

The initial post in this topic has now been changed to reflect the plan, which is as follows!

What's the plan, I hear you ask?

Good Friday, 29th March 2024/Easter Saturday, 30th March 2024

Travel out to Europa-Park. Those travelling by car will stay overnight on the way to arrive at Europa-Park in the afternoon on Easter Saturday (Friday is just a setting out/travel day). Those travelling by plane will look to arrive anytime on the Saturday.

Saturday. 30th March 2024
Group meal at Silver Lake Saloon. Where better than to start a trip to EP than at SLS! We're booked in for 7.45pm to make sure there's plenty of time to soak up the live entertainment, eat some delicious food and maybe a beer tower or two?

Easter Sunday, 31st March 2024
Full day at Europa-Park as a group, with rides, beers, food and fun!

Easter Monday, 1st April 2024
Splinter day. If you're looking to have a day banging out the rides - this is the one for you. Or, prefer to take it easy? Go for it. We'll reconvene for drinks in the bars in the evening.

Tuesday, 2nd April 2024
Rulantica. This will be a splinter day with some folks choosing to have a semi-relax day in Hyggedal while others tick off every ride in the park. No doubt the VIBES will be flowing so a group session in Frigg Tempel as the sun sets will be in order! After the park closes, we'll meet for drinks in Bar Eriksson over the water in Kronasar.

Wednesday, 3rd April 2024
Full day at Europa-Park as a group, with rides, beers, food and fun! A group table is booked at Restaurant Castillo at 8pm.

Thursday, 4th April 2024
We depart Europa-Park and head our separate ways, eventually getting back to the UK!

Where to stay?
To make the most of this occasion (after all, it's the first new coaster at EP since our WoodieSosche meet over when we inhabited a different forum all the way back in 2012), many will be splashing out with a room at one of the outstanding resort hotels. Get yourself a pal, or a group of 3 or 4, and book a room at one of Bell Rock, Colosseo, El Andaluz or Alcazar. The romantics among you may want to get inside Santa Isabel. We don't recommend Krønasår for this meet due to the distance from the park and need for shuttle bus transfers. There are also loads of less expensive options in Rust itself - apartments, hotels, guest houses...​

Last edited:
With regards to Thursday 4th, for anyone travelling home via the ✨️ spectacularly dull ✨️ Basel Airport, is anyone interested in sharing a shuttle bus with @Cheese and I? We're planning to leave El Andaluz in t'late morn.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to mention the shuttle (at least the EP Hotels one) is €265.00 for up to 7 people!

Last edited:
I’ll be missing you guys by a week unfortunately. Heading there on the 15th! I will eventually try to get on another meet as the one (and only) meet I went on was sub terra opening and had a great time.

Side note: thinking back, that might have actually been with the *other* forum

I’ll be missing you guys by a week unfortunately. Heading there on the 15th! I will eventually try to get on another meet as the one (and only) meet I went on was sub terra opening and had a great time.

NB: thinking back, that might have actually been with the *other* forum
I'm sure I remember meeting you at a certain anniversary event from the other forum...

I will be making dining reservations for those on the who's going list in the next week. As it stands (13.2.24) the following are on said list:

• AstroDan
  • John
  • Rob
  • Rowe
  • Dave C
  • Craig
  • Danny
  • Danny +1
  • IanB
  • IanB +1
  • Jonathan
  • Mike
  • Poisson
  • Leigh
  • NuttySquirrel
  • Ted (not meal on 30th)
  • djtruefitt
  • Squiggs
  • Dave L
  • Vik
  • Dave P
  • Dave W
  • Callum
  • Pierre (not meal on 30th)
If you know of anybody going who is NOT listed above, please tell them to make sure they are on the list. I haven't got time to chase round everywhere so it would be appreciated.

Remember - group bookings will be as follows:

Sat, 30th - Silver Lake Saloon
Wed, 3rd - A.N. Other resort restaurant (TBC)

If you wish to book restaurants in smaller groups on other evenings, please make your own plans.

Last edited:
I'll pester @Cheese (who I added as the +1) to add himself to the list ASAP.

Update: Eees done.

I've had a change of plans. I'll be at the park on the 1st of April too! However as I'm not staying on resort, I can't get a 3 day ticket. Any advice?

Hi - I hope to be in attendance too. Just a general question has anyone got spare transport spaces probably from Basel.? (or any route really - not booked travel yet)

Last edited:
I have now made enquiries for an a la carte meal on Saturday, 30th March for 23 people and a buffet meal on Wednesday, 3rd April for 25 people.

I will update you in due course! Thanks.

With regards to Thursday 4th, for anyone travelling home via the ✨️ spectacularly dull ✨️ Basel Airport, is anyone interested in sharing a shuttle bus with @Cheese and I? We're planning to leave El Andaluz in t'late morn.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to mention the shuttle (at least the EP Hotels one) is €265.00 for up to 7 people!
☝️ A reminder this offer still stands and we can adjust leaving time to earlier/later as long as we get 5 people to join us to split costs.

Please PM me by 12th March latest.

So I've booked hotels and its all fun and games because:-

Offsite hotel (but v near Bell rock) 30-01st

Santa Isabel 01-03 BUT in a superior room one night and normal another (juggled with what was available per night) - so still have to change room.

Bell Rock 03-04.

They are all booked pay-on-arrival - so I'm hoping some rooms get cancelled and drop back into the site - to try and get some on-resport rooms first two nights. Does anyone know when it's best to check i.e. the site gets updated on availability?

Also if anyone has a family room with an extra bed-space, Id be happy to share bill, even if not for the full stay - and save a bit of money, I'm totally happy with a bunk etc.

Also I assume one of the good point of staying on resort is getting into park early - so are those staying off-resort going to be a burden to the rest? i.e. waiting to get in line for Voltron etc?

lastly does anyone know if your staying offsite if you can still use the back/Spain entrance? As that is near where my first hotel is!

Bookings are as follows:

Silver Lake Saloon
Saturday, 30th March
3 x bookings (8+8+9)
7.30pm

Restaurant Castillo
Wednesday, 3rd April
1 x booking (25)
8.00pm

Unfortunately I could not book 1 group of 25 at Silver Lake without accepting a 3-course group menu so have instead myself, Rob and Craig have each booked a table.

Looking forward to it!