• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Etna Land: MACK megacoaster and S&S mine train

Did they get a northerner in to do the name? T'Storm :p

Just to let you know, the people you can see on the train in that photo are : Philippe et Patrice Gélis (and their kids Lara and Rodolphe)
Who are they? Simply Nigloland's director.

So if Anybody had a doubt about which french park is going to have that new MACK mega coaster, there's nearly no doubt left! :D

BTW, I find those train really nice, and better than Bluefire ones.

Those trains... *spews*

Even a blank train would be better! :-\

Re: Etna Land: MACK megacoaster and S&S mine train

The trains are naturally sexy, however I dislike the logo .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I hope this ride will eventually be better themed than it looks in those photos, it looks like it takes place over an ugly bit of scrub-land at the moment!

Re: Etna Land: MACK megacoaster and S&S mine train

The trains would look far better without that logo on the front :-/ the Mack Megacoaster lends itself to a suave, sophisticated kind of branding... not something that appears to have fallen off a fairground ride :p.

I do like the purple seats though :).

Looks like a nice little investment for a relatively unknown park (by our standards at any rate!) and it'd definitely be on my list of things to do if I ever manage to get myself back to Malta on holiday (Sicily is not too far away).

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Floaty, fun and smooth as glass - looking good! Looks like there's ample opportunity to experience that beautiful Mega Coaster air time :).

Really liking the purple trains and stunning blue track!

Anyone know what they're planning on doing with the station?

having just watched the POV of this and compared it to Piraten I think I've noticed what will be the major difference between Mack's Megacoaster and a Mega-Lite. The Mega-Lite's are all about airtime and noticeable transitions. The hills have an exaggerated profile over the top and look a lot more forceful. The Storm is going to lack that and probably not rank as highly as a result. However what it has is a good sense of building speed. It just seems to get faster as it goes along! Hopefully this'll mean that when it hits that finale roll (which looks just as good as BluFi's) the ride will end on a real high note.

I'm really looking forward to the first reviews. Shame it isn't set to open until 2013.

I think it looks wonderful! The airtime looks floaty, and the whole experience smooth - with that killer inversion!

So excited to see this running.

I am amused at the use of music though - that music is also used for Knightmare at Camelot!

:D

I knew I recognised that music from somewhere!

Looking very impressive, I doubt it'll come close to the Intamin airtime machines for pure insanity, but it looks like another great fun coaster from MACK, who are really proving themselves as a major manufacturer now.

Layout of the mine train is complete, according to parksmania.it

etnaland-Mine-Train-Bandiere.jpg

etnaland-Mine_Train_completo_web.jpg

etnaland-Mine_Train_completo2_web.jpg

etnaland-Mine_Train_completo3_web.jpg

I don't know about you, but that doesn't really fit the description of a "mine train" to me.

I get the feeling that station is somewhat inspired by a certain other ride, I'd definitely say it takes after its parent ;)

That and Tidal Wave, I guess the slant is implying the building has been hit by The Storm.

Even if this ride is fairly tame in terms of airtime, the first and 2nd turnarounds will probably pack quite a punch. I'd love the chance to ride one of these to see how it compares to all the Intamin & B&M hypers out there.

John said:
Even if this ride is fairly tame in terms of airtime, the first and 2nd turnarounds will probably pack quite a punch. I'd love the chance to ride one of these to see how it compares to all the Intamin & B&M hypers out there.

How could you call the air-time on this tame. Looking at the first and second hills especially, it looks as if there's at least -0.5G (the second hill definitely looks very fast on the POV's), however, the rest of the hills have too high a radii- and they're all the twisted hills. These provide nowhere near as much airtime, and instead, are just as high as normal 180 degree transitions. The overbank after the second hill looks incredible- although after that- the ride looks very forceless and boring. Mack playing it much too safe. Until the heartline roll, of course, which provides the killer air, the ride loses much of it's original pace.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I can see a lot of pumps in the track- and even some fairly poor banking. Still quite a way behind Intamin, in terms of track.

Take a look at an Intamin Megalite. They're know for lots of air time and they look about 3 times as intense as this. That doesn't mean that the Mack isn't as good though, mind.