• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Etna Land: MACK megacoaster and S&S mine train

This is a family thrill ride.

That is what Mack build.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Nick said:
John said:
Even if this ride is fairly tame in terms of airtime, the first and 2nd turnarounds will probably pack quite a punch. I'd love the chance to ride one of these to see how it compares to all the Intamin & B&M hypers out there.

How could you call the air-time on this tame. Looking at the first and second hills especially, it looks as if there's at least -0.5G (the second hill definitely looks very fast on the POV's), however, the rest of the hills have too high a radii- and they're all the twisted hills. These provide nowhere near as much airtime, and instead, are just as high as normal 180 degree transitions. The overbank after the second hill looks incredible- although after that- the ride looks very forceless and boring. Mack playing it much too safe. Until the heartline roll, of course, which provides the killer air, the ride loses much of it's original pace.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I can see a lot of pumps in the track- and even some fairly poor banking. Still quite a way behind Intamin, in terms of track.

Two questions, where the hell did you pull those numbers from and why do you think that common NoLimits terms even remotely apply to real life? Have you ever ridden one of the new Mack megacoasters??

Nick said:
How could you call the air-time on this tame.

AstroDan said:

That is what Mack build.

That's the logic I'm using. I haven't watched a POV (even a virtual one) so I'm only guessing, but I don't expect Inatmin style ejector airtime from Mack. If this is in any way similar to the pacing of Blue Fire there won't be a lot of airtime but the corners will be fairly high G.

Bear said:
Nick said:
John said:
Even if this ride is fairly tame in terms of airtime, the first and 2nd turnarounds will probably pack quite a punch. I'd love the chance to ride one of these to see how it compares to all the Intamin & B&M hypers out there.

How could you call the air-time on this tame. Looking at the first and second hills especially, it looks as if there's at least -0.5G (the second hill definitely looks very fast on the POV's), however, the rest of the hills have too high a radii- and they're all the twisted hills. These provide nowhere near as much airtime, and instead, are just as high as normal 180 degree transitions. The overbank after the second hill looks incredible- although after that- the ride looks very forceless and boring. Mack playing it much too safe. Until the heartline roll, of course, which provides the killer air, the ride loses much of it's original pace.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I can see a lot of pumps in the track- and even some fairly poor banking. Still quite a way behind Intamin, in terms of track.

Two questions, where the hell did you pull those numbers from and why do you think that common NoLimits terms even remotely apply to real life? Have you ever ridden one of the new Mack megacoasters??

The number was a guesstimate really, as -0.5G for the second looks reasonable- but then it's just a guess. I've never ridden a Mack, no, but I can imagine that it is in that ball-park. And I don't think I've been using any NL terms- except for maybe "pump".

John said:
Nick said:
How could you call the air-time on this tame.

AstroDan said:

That is what Mack build.

That's the logic I'm using. I haven't watched a POV (even a virtual one) so I'm only guessing, but I don't expect Inatmin style ejector airtime from Mack. If this is in any way similar to the pacing of Blue Fire there won't be a lot of airtime but the corners will be fairly high G.

Yeah, from pictures it's probably quite hard to see what it's like. From the POV I've seen, the first two turns look forceful and well paced- as well as the first two hills. However, after that, it just slows down in pace quite drastically- here's a POV, if you want it:

The Storm - Etnaland - Onride

On all the hills, quite a lot of pace is lost, and the turns are too slow and wide, really. It seems like a weird sort of family-thrill mix, with a quite thrilling start and end to the ride, with the middle being fairly tame.

I'm pretty sure the hills won't be ejector, as the transition from positive to negative looks quite slow- unlike the rapid transition in Intamin's.

And I've only seen a few POV's of Blue Fire, so I can't really comment on the similarities, but I'm shore someone with experience of it will.

Remember, the POV video above is a very early test. All rides (except Wodan) speed up significantly during testing and with a fully-loaded train of riders on-board. I imagine watching an early testing video of a Megalite would be just as disappointing. :)

Sam said:
Remember, the POV video above is a very early test. All rides (except Wodan) speed up significantly during testing and with a fully-loaded train of riders on-board. I imagine watching an early testing video of a Megalite would be just as disappointing. :)

I guess this is true, but I can't see it speed up significantly enough to much improve the ride's pacing. Although, I'll say it again, the first few sequences of the ride are superb, and very much well paced. A shame it couldn't be carried on into the rest of the ride, really.

Etnaland Theme Park: preview (episode 2)

Mine train theming:

JlpHA.jpg

PpnNK.jpg

VGvbP.jpg

5yfUo.jpg

zzIGo.jpg

Y2MqO.jpg

How the heck was this ready so early? The track was completely constructed by July last year, for a Spring 2013 opening. Maybe Italo-German efficiency is the way forward? :p

The Italians? Efficient? I think it's more that Mack rides have loads of projects underway at the moment so, rather like Oz'Iris, this had to be done early.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Errr ok, that is different! Didn't realise they were going for a Rock 'n' Rollercoaster feel for the ride. I assumed it was themed around a storm but this suggests otherwise.

:)

I have one thing to say about that video...

DIVERTIMENTO!!

I like it, have absolutely no clue what it all means, except maybe...

ADRENALINA!!! & VELOCITA'!!!

Has to be the most entertaining coaster advert I have witnessed to date.

TheMan said:
I have one thing to say about that video...

DIVERTIMENTO!!

I like it, have absolutely no clue what it all means, except maybe...

In Spanish (dunno where Etna Land is, never really paid much attention to it) this means 'Fun' or 'Amusing'. :)

It's in Italy, and that word does indeed mean 'fun' in Italian.

:)

No it's actually in Sicily. Mount Etna is in Sicily and "Etnaland" is probably located near to Mount Etna. :) Which BTW is a live volcano.

Joseph said:
No it's actually in Sicily. Mount Etna is in Sicily and "Etnaland" is probably located near to Mount Etna. :) Which BTW is a live volcano.

And Sicily is a part of Italy! ;)

The Coaster Community have some new photos up of the rest of the park. I'm not sure if the first two shots have been posted here before, but I'll start with them anyway:

146215d1356529248-neu-2013-mega-coaster-etnaland-525994_10151216450988751_469428595_n.jpg

mappacompositings2.jpg

60395_10151376636848751_1372917865_n.jpg

734513_10151361143768751_297280225_n.jpg

528555_10151324028688751_810712243_n.jpg

382214_10151331497248751_530644057_n.jpg

421940_10151343216903751_1742529673_n.jpg

538286_10151336163243751_467997813_n.jpg

TheParks.it have a few images of Etnaland's S&S shot and drop tower here, as well as a small article (translated by Google):

DSC3858_conmarchio.jpg

While quiver preparations and higher expectations for the opening, in less than four weeks, the Themepark , staff Etnaland is pleased to announce the completion of one of the leading attractions of the park Etnaland Tower , a Shot & Drop 60 m in addition to the classic free-fall will allow guests to experience the thrill of being thrown upwards, an acceleration that will leave even the bravest speechless. A unique experience full of thrill amusement. Etnaland Tower and all the new attractions await you from April 20 , to experience the thrill of fun mechanic!

Tower01_web.jpg

Looks smart. I like the 'E' on the top of it! :p