• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Euro Park China - Blue Fire Clone

Alastair

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Rise of the Resistance
Wasn't sure where else to post this...but RCDB have some new pics of the Blue Fire clone in China. The definition of a clone as well!

fna6criasg000b6pg00001.jpg

m4g00000j6e35e8000djfm.jpg

9dmsg000b6un000016craa.jpg

Well, I thought the Blue Fire layout clones compromise the original's 'identity' (for want of a better word) to an extent even with different names, themes and colour schemes, but this is just horrible. It doesn't matter that barely anybody that rides it will have heard of Europa Park or the original coaster; it's extremely lazy and makes a mockery of EP's high standards of presentation and operation (notice how the build plate states that there are only two trains).

Urgh! I know Mack need to sell coasters and that Blue Fire is a top ride but I wish they had never allowed anyone to clone it. It's never going to be the same without all the lovely EP theming but still! And another park actually calling the clone Blue Fire, it's just wrong!

:)

It's the fact it's called Blue Fire. I don't mind clones but the same name?

Clones are fine, it makes a mockery of nothing and shows how popular the design is.

99.9999999999% of people who ride either coaster will never know.

I know this isn't really the right topic for this but seeing as previous discussion has taken place here, here is a POV of that Blue Fire clone:

http://youtu.be/JHjWmNA7t7c

Doesn't look a patch on the real thing. Very strange without all of the theming.

:)

Now that is what you call a ride with zero themeing, the station looks very odd and blank, and that pre-launch section is just very weird with nothing happening.

Europa need to get on board with that PVC conservatory look in the station, it's mint.

I agree with Dave. I think crap clones actually enhance, rather than dilute, the original. The lack of theming, the bare landscape, even the cheap knock-off font used in the ride logo make it clear that this is a poor substitute for the real thing, and the real thing will always be in Rust, Germany.

For me, seeing the knock-off only highlights the quality, depth and superiority of the original. See it as like a successful band notching up more and more tribute bands - imitations that accentuate the quality of the original in comparison. :)

Why did they even bother with what is the dark ride section at Europa if they weren't planning on putting any theming in it? May as well have just had it leaving the station and launching from outside. That shutter also opens so pitifully slowly as well in comparison to the original.

I suppose it could be like some rides where they will come back to it and add themeing over time. Or they will just leave it like that :p

djtruefitt said:
I suppose it could be like some rides where they will come back to it and add themeing over time. Or they will just leave it like that :p

Something makes me think it might be the latter! :p

To all those complaining: look on the brightside, at least they've cloned a decent ride for once, unlike many other parks in Asia! :p