• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Europa 2019: New Additions?

AT86

TS Member
Just wondering if there has been any news or rumours for new additions to the park for 2019? What does everyone expect to see?

I assume the focus is on the new hotel and waterpark which makes sense due to the huge cost, but I guess they will make some investments into the park too. I expect the fire may well have put back any plans they had for 2019.

If it’s a year of small changes in the park it would be nice for England and/or Adventureland to receive some attention as I don’t think they are up to the standard of the rest of the park. :)

I'm just counting the things we already know are in the works for 2019...

• Hotel Krønasår
• Rulantica
• Scandinavia / Piraten in Batavia

Unless anyone knows of anything else, I'd imagine those being the main projects that will be worked on, with there also being some general touch ups and improvements throughout the rest of the park as there seems to be almost every year.

I think even if this years fire has resulted in any of next years plans having being pushed back, the next few years are actually shaping up to very exciting for Europa Park! :)

• Scandinavia / Piraten in Batavia
Piraten in Batavia will be at least 2020.

I think even if this years fire has resulted in any of next years plans having being pushed back, the next few years are actually shaping up to very exciting for Europa Park! :)
The park have said that the fire has had little effect on future projects, due to a separate team working on rebuilding Piraten/Scandinavia. :)

Piraten in Batavia will be at least 2020.
Was sure I had read that they were hoping for a reopening of Piraten in Batavia for the beginning of the 2019 / 2020 winter season?
The park have said that the fire has had little effect on future projects, due to a separate team working on rebuilding Piraten/Scandinavia. :)
That's really good to know, thanks! :)

They've said the 2019 winter season for Pirates but I do think that is very ambitious; 2020 seems more realistic.

I'd imagine the focus next year will be on Krønasår and then Rulantica, and the rebuild of the Scandinavian area ties in quite nicely with this. Then I would not be surprised to see some work on something like Jungle Rafting, it is bound to be done sooner rather than later now.

Also, they will still be able to push Eurosat in 2019.

:)

There will always be lots of small touches here and there; new places to eat, maybe a retheme of a small ride, new stores, a couple of shows etc.

One of the things I love about Europa-Park is they can get you excited for even the smallest of improvements on a quiet year. They don’t always need a big new attraction to pull in the guests, although it’s certainly great when they do so. A quiete year at EP is comparable to a medium year at most other parks!