• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Europa Park : Arthur Im Königreich der Minimoys (Soft Opening)

Pedro

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Expedition Ge Force
I’m not going to write a complete TR here, you all know my opinion about EP. So I'm just writing few impressions about Arthur. I'm also not going to post many photos, it has already been done on many website.

I finally rode Arthur yesterday. We were lucky as the ride was about to open when we passed to have a look. After being welcomed by Miro, I was the 1st guest in the Area yesterday, and we came just after some VIP. We took the same train as Michael Mack, just after the 1st train of the day with of course Roland, Jürgen and Thomas Mack. :D

158008IMAG07531.jpg

The Station From the queuline

The first look at the whole area made me immediately think about Wuze Town and Winja's at Phantasialand. It is a very nice indoor area with a great atmosphere and lovely theming. Of course you can see the coaster running above you. The queue line for Arthur starts inside the building, and stays mostly inside. (except if the maximum extension is opened). It is very close to what Wodan's queue line is, but I found it less immersive, with less interaction.

Inside that queue line you can find the new Lockers system. I'm going to develop this point as it is for me one of the great new idea in the whole ride. A the beginning of the queue line you can scan the bar code of your day Ticket, and it opens a free locker where you can place all your belongings. No bag, even the smallest, is allowed on the ride. At the exit, inside the shop you have to pass, you can access to the other side of the locker, scan your ticket and get your bag.
Even if it wasnt completly working yesterday, with lots of people leaving their bags in the stations, it is a very good system.

Coming to the ride itself now, and after a rather beautiful queue line I was quite positive. The station looks good, and the boarding is fast, thanks to the train moving constantly and the lapbars closing automatically like on a dark ride. I really loved the concept and the ride system, but wasn’t expecting the trains to be so massive!
Not spoiling the ride itself, you have the POV if you want to. All I can say is that I was disappointed by the theming inside: no real animatronics, some parts being quite far from the quality of the queue line.
But overall the interaction works, thanks once again to the ride system, the different effects developed by Mack Rides, and good mix between coaster parts (indoor and outdoor) and some massively themed area

739768IMAG07581.jpg

For me Arthur is a really good ride, easily the best dark ride in the park, but not a world class one. The indoor area really looks good, and the atmosphere is perfect. I’m just skeptic about the theme itself, I didn’t felt like being in Europa Park, just in some wonderfull area of another theme park.

Last edited:
Some staff were asking question with Ipads, but they didn't ask us.
And the whole Mack Familly (and Miro) was too busy to listen to our opinion. :p

Damn :p

Hopefully, the Mack family will be aware what they can do to improve the ride further.

The sad thing is, in Europe - there is actually very little that is there competing with things like Arthur.

Of course they were there too! The whole Mack family had rode it before us. but Miro didn't he was supervising the opening. :p