• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Europa Park: The Imperfections

On a more positive note, the staff were very understanding that it might not have been quite what we were expecting and did agree that it wasn't as described and comped us a couple of rounds of drinks at Bar Colosseo.
Wow. You know you are winning at life when you manage to get something free from Europa-Park! Glad they did this for you, normally the German/EP approach is tough luck.

I once got a free glass of prossecco from Europa Park while they ordered me a taxi, and I wasn't even staying on-site!

Admittedly they then forgot to inform me that the taxi had arrived and left us stranded for another hour, but the intent was pure.

Wow. You know you are winning at life when you manage to get something free from Europa-Park! Glad they did this for you, normally the German/EP approach is tough luck.
On this, we were upgraded not once but twice on back to back trips a few years ago. No idea why or how but we weren’t complaining.

The gaping lack of thrill flats. I know EP is a family resort but maybe 1 or 2? Felt that was the biggest obvious gap.

Schweizer BoredBarnes. It was vibrating and actually slightly unpleasant in October.

Still no improvement on the flat ride side of the place

Schweizer BoredBarnes is now even worse. I now firmly believe it's removal would improve the park it is that bad.

I agree that the vibrations have got worse on Bored Barnes recently; seemed to also be the case on Trace Du Hourra at Asterix. Even though it is not great, I am not sure I would want to see it removed. That area of the park is lovely!

I agree that the vibrations have got worse on Bored Barnes recently; seemed to also be the case on Trace Du Hourra at Asterix. Even though it is not great, I am not sure I would want to see it removed. That area of the park is lovely!

The area is lovely but the experience on the ride is so poor. After Geisterschloss is done it'd be nice for them to do something with it. Easily the least pleasant coaster from the recent trip and that included old Gersts by the sea and self operated butterflies.

I really don’t see them doing much with it despite its obvious shortcomings. It remains reasonably popular, there’s a strong link to Franz and it would be tricky to fit anything else into the space it would leave without dismantling significant parts of the theming.

Euromir has got to be much higher up the priority list.

I really don’t see them doing much with it despite its obvious shortcomings. It remains reasonably popular, there’s a strong link to Franz and it would be tricky to fit anything else into the space it would leave without dismantling significant parts of the theming.

Euromir has got to be much higher up the priority list.

A retrack would be nice for the bob if they don't fancy removing it.

I fear they'll retrack Mir and absolutely butcher it.

I've never understood why Mack went with dozens of small tubes for their bob track rather than the plate steel Intamin used. Surely having a smooth surface to run on would be a vastly better option?

I've never understood why Mack went with dozens of small tubes for their bob track rather than the plate steel Intamin used. Surely having a smooth surface to run on would be a vastly better option?
Same here. Maybe it was easier to profile the track that way? With flat plates it must be tricky to create curves and dips once they have been bent in to the trough shape. My guess is that the Mack method avoids having to use polygonal facets.

That's pretty much what I thought but Intamin found a way to make it work and they had twisting drops (unlike Mack bobs) so they had to bend the track in all directions at once

Would be interesting to see how much faster it would run without using most of the energy to purée the riders.

That's pretty much what I thought but Intamin found a way to make it work and they had twisting drops (unlike Mack bobs) so they had to bend the track in all directions at once

Would be interesting to see how much faster it would run without using most of the energy to purée the riders.

"Breaking: One of the bob trains has ended up in the Elz"

Suppose Mack would say they were right seeing how only one Intamin bob coaster now exists. They couldn't even run them when it rained.