• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Famous faces at alton towers?

Just wondering if anyone else has seen any celebrities at AT as I seem to have seen a few in the past and thought it would be cool to share who you've seen? Apologise if this topic has been done before!
A few I have seen:
Gary Barlow ( when take that split up in the 90's and he put on loads of weight)
Drippy from N-dubz
Jonathon ross

Think that's all I have seen, please share who else you have seen?

I got stuck on the brake run of oblivion for around 15 minutes in November because JLS were faffing around getting a whole shuttle to themselves. It was freezing and I was slightly damp from the tunnel misters! Douchebags! :mad:

Whilst waiting at the merge point in Air's queue in July 2011, I got the chance to shake hands with Danny Welbeck [but he's not really that much of a famous face to anyone who doesn't follow Faffball, so it's probably only just worth a mention].

The one and only famous person I have seen at Alton Towers is Kevin Webster from Corrie (Think his real name is Michael something). However with recent issues with him, thats probably not the best celeb to spot!

At Thorpe opening day this year I did however see Liam from One Direction throughout the day.

Jonathan Ross whoring Thirteen on open day, and Bill Bailey behind me in the queue for the monorail on the same day.

That's it I think. I've probably seen loads without knowing it. I'm delightfully ignorant of celebrity culture.

Swore loudly at them whilst they were on 13 before it opened (think some celebs were on?)

Celebs should get NO special treatment. Ever.

It was Ross and family. They were on it for ages. The ride opened late because they kept staying on.

We're not worthy to ride with them apparently.

Had my photo with Jonathon Ross on Thirteen opening day and what a nice chap he was telling us about his Florida trips.

Was sat in the monorail with Bill Baley sat opposite us, cracking us up because he was moaning about getting lost all the time in the park

Jordan and Alex in the Air shop, Jordan was tiny and everyone was having their photos taken with Alex

Was in AT hotel and the cast of Hollyoaks was in there - we had our photo taken with them outside in the garden late at night too many drinks after

.... and of course John Wardley (aww come on, he is famous!)

I've been there a few times. Does that count? ;)

I've never actually saw anyone famous at Towers but I've heard of a lot being there of course. I heard Philipe Coutinho was there a few weeks ago.

Blaze said:
Jonathan Ross whoring Thirteen on open day, and Bill Bailey behind me in the queue for the monorail on the same day.

He only went round once, it opened late because at 9:55 they where still moving diggers off the site (though that's obviously better than The Smiler :) )

Apparently we walked past girls aloud once in Splash Landing (I didn't recognise them), seen bill bailey, Jordan, Jordan's ex, jonathan Ross (really nice guy).

And John Wardley a few times

Only seen Jonathan Ross and a few people from hollyoaks

I'm not going class Katie price as a celebrity just an underdressed gypsy

4750907.jpg

Will i Am from the Black Eyed Peas on Th13teen whilst I was queuing for Rita! I remember almost getting thrown over the fence by screaming teenage girls! :eek:

GaryH said:
Jordan and Alex in the Air shop, Jordan was tiny and everyone was having their photos taken with Alex

...oh how I remember that cramped day where they queuejumped and were the center of attention ::)