• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fans getting too personal?

MattyH

TS Member
Favourite Ride
GIIBBB
From @Dannerdcubed on twitter

So, serious talk time. About an hour ago a fan decided it would be a great idea to come to my home and ask for a photo.

Luckily for him I was asleep and Mr. @WOTFANAR answered the door and was polite to him.

If I had answered the door I'd of called the police.

In short. This is my home. I am not your friend. I don't owe you anything. F*ck off.

I am taking a break from YouTube, Twitter and Reddit until I fell comfortable to return. Ta ra.

Personally I think it is the most stupid thing you could ever do.

From the looks of it, it's one of these 'Youtube Famous' / 'Twitter Famous' types.

Quite honestly never heard of the guy before I looked him up, so I don't get the relevance? ???

He posts videos of himself playing various nerdy games on YouTube, for example he's doing RCT3 atm. The height of sad if you're going to his house to ask for pictures ::)

im-your-biggest-fan.jpg

I think that fan got too personal...

If the person was polite when they turned up and left when asked, I see no real issue.

I think the guy is being a bit of an idiot if I honest, and overreacting wildly.

If you're prepared to get "famous", and play on that fame, then be prepared for the aftereffects.

the guy obviously does these videos and twitter thing's for the fans and to attract attention to yourself, if you do not want this then don't do it its as simple as that.

If he wants dat YouTube moneyz, he'll be returning soon! :p

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

LiamC said:
He posts videos of himself playing various nerdy games on YouTube, for example he's doing RCT3 atm. The height of sad if you're going to his house to ask for pictures ::)

He lives in a Privately Owned Tower Block

Sam said:
The obvious question is: why did this person give out their address in the first place?
Apparently the person who did it reconised his front door from a glimpse of the carpet...

hobohippie95 said:
LiamC said:

He lives in a Privately Owned Tower Block

Sam said:
The obvious question is: why did this person give out their address in the first place?
Apparently the person who did it reconised his front door from a glimpse of the carpet...

Wow. Please accept my apologies. I'm sorry I don't know the personal ins and outs of some berk who posts videos of himself playing video games onto YouTube ::) ::) ::)

Also, if it's a PRIVATELY OWNED TOWER BLOCK like you said, how did said guy get in? Surely it's gated somehow ???

Whilst someone you don't know finding out where you live would undeniably be a bit unsettling, I think he's definitely over-reacting. There's certainly no cause to call the police, he only knocked on the door, it's not like he broke into his house. Taking a break so that he can emotionally recover from this "ordeal" seems just a bit excessive. I just can't see why you'd get so worked up about a tiny thing like this and makes me wonder how he copes with doorstep salesmen and trick or treaters.

As for how he got into a Privately Owned Tower Block, someone probably just let him in at the door. It happens all the time.

That said, I don't get the obsession that many people seem to have with getting a picture of themselves with a famous person or getting their autograph (although the fame of the person in this case is debatable). I'd rather meet the person in question and have a brief chat if it's someone I'm a fan of. Only on their terms though, I wouldn't go doorstepping like this person.