• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fantasy Island 08/08/14

Poisson

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Giant Squid
Me and my GF (Cap'n Shorty of the Short Ship Shorterprise) have been to Skegnesslandshire these past 7 days so it seemed only right to go and do the amusements in the area. Bottons Pleasure Beach in Skegness was a nice little place with short queues and decent staff. It was decided we'd go and do Fantasy Island on the next day we could go (8th) and see what people had been on about.

After a slightly unpleasant bus ride with what seemed like everyone in the area on one small bus, we arrived at the park, praying that unlike the day we visited to do the markets, some coasters would open. We headed of and did Techno Jump to begin with, and then went to do Beast, Twister, Millennium and Odyssey. All open, but both coasters being dull and Odyssey being a tad painful. It then began to rain........

It rained a bit, and I mistakenly thought that rides would continue, seeing as they are designed to run in the rain with the exception of Volcano the shot and drop tower and Odyssey which were closed due to lightning.

What I experienced was astonishingly appalling. EVERY. SINGLE. OUTDOOR. RIDE. Bar 3 (Techno Jump, Log Flume and the Dodgems) closed. Rocket kept coming and going on availability. The complaints person said that the other rides were too slippery, forgetting that the Twister (closed) had the same floor as Techno Jump (open). Amazing Confusion opened for one ride cycle in the afternoon but the park remained pretty much the same in terms of availability.

TLDR? Don't go, it's crap. Creds? Do them on the token style system if you must.

Ridecount: Techno Jump x 2 (standard fair ride)
Twister x 2 (see above)
Rhombus Rocket x 2 (squeally meh train, same drive as RMT. Dull.)
The Beast (fair ride)
Millennium (yawn)
Odyssey (can do damage, not as bad as Infailsion)
Amazing Confusion (actually fun, still a fair ride)