• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fantasy Island

I wonder if the Mellors still own Spinning Racer and where that is these days? It was at the park during summer 2021 but then it was a pity that it didn't stick around there for longer.

Has there been any more news about Turbulence (the Ziera Star Shape from Skyline Park that was originally at Blackpool PB as Bling)?

At fantasy island today and people complain about merlin operations. This is the worse run park with operations ive ever seen. The odyssey from the moment the train enters the station is taking almost 4 mins to dispatch. Every ride here they are so slow in getting ppl off and on and my god if they moved any slower to check restraints they would stop.

The rides here are pretty good and the food is good and well priced but the ops of the rides is shocking.

At fantasy island today and people complain about merlin operations. This is the worse run park with operations ive ever seen. The odyssey from the moment the train enters the station is taking almost 4 mins to dispatch. Every ride here they are so slow in getting ppl off and on and my god if they moved any slower to check restraints they would stop.

The rides here are pretty good and the food is good and well priced but the ops of the rides is shocking.
Just curious though, how busy is the park and how long was the queue for Odyssey? The reason that I ask, and to play devils advocate somewhat, is that if the queue was quite short would it necessarily matter if the operations were slow and it took four minutes to dispatch? I’ve only been to the park once (with Odyssey being down) and operations weren’t the fastest but it didn’t really matter too much as for a ride like Millennium it never really got too much of a queue anyway.

Last edited:
there were a few ppl in the place but difficult to judge who was there to ride. The odyssey queue would have been 10-15 mins on nemesis but from the people i counted would have been close to an hour.

To do a full circuit including the offload/reload of passengers it was taking about 6 mins so 10 trains an hour not good. Even the small coasters were running with empty seats when the queue was reasonable.

Other than really kiddy rides the smallest queue we did was close to half hour and i wouldnt say the queues were that long.

It doesnt help having to keep scanning your wrist band especially when there is a 5-10 second delay before the next person can scan theirs.