• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fantasy Island

An interesting report

Usually whenever I see a Reach PLC piece with the words “This article may contain affiliate links” at the top I see that it’s an advertorial and I stop reading it.

Last edited:
Planning to visit Fantasy Island for the first time this year now my son is tall enough to go on most of the rides.

I'm guessing being a seaside resort the queues rarely get too bad (compared to say Merlin parks)?

Also does anyone know the height restriction for the Joker Booster (they haven't added it to the site yet).

Thanks!

Planning to visit Fantasy Island for the first time this year now my son is tall enough to go on most of the rides.

I'm guessing being a seaside resort the queues rarely get too bad (compared to say Merlin parks)?

Also does anyone know the height restriction for the Joker Booster (they haven't added it to the site yet).

Thanks!
In school holidays it can get really packed actually, was hell last time I visited. Also keep an eye on the windspeed as Odyssey and Millennium will close if it gets too high (especially the former).

In school holidays it can get really packed actually, was hell last time I visited. Also keep an eye on the windspeed as Odyssey and Millennium will close if it gets too high (especially the former).

Noted thanks! It's a 3 hour drive for us so wouldn't want that.

I think my son will probably like the Harrington Flint ride best from what i've seen, do you know if that's pretty reliable?

Noted thanks! It's a 3 hour drive for us so wouldn't want that.

I think my son will probably like the Harrington Flint ride best from what i've seen, do you know if that's pretty reliable?
Wouldn't know I'm afraid as my last visit was before it opened.

RCDB are listing a new coaster at the park for this year, currently Unknown but “believed to be a Reverchon Spinning Coaster with a track extension”.

Is this one that they used to send to HPWW as Ice Mountain?

Thanks!
Depends when you go, like @Skyscraper said it does get busy. My advice would be to avoid summer holidays if possible, but then they do usually have late opening times and shut around 8, fireworks too some nights. It's a mixed bag crowd wise. I went during the summer holidays last year, Saturday as well, and it was busy but queues were fine. Millennium was pretty much walk on, could just keep going round and round. Odyssey had a bit more a queue, but only like 10-15 mins.

Joker Booster is on the opposite side of fantasy island and is owned by different people, so it isn't part of the park and therefore not including in your wristband. So have to pay for that separately if wanting to go on.

Harrington flints is fairly reliable yes mate.

Depends when you go, like @Skyscraper said it does get busy. My advice would be to avoid summer holidays if possible, but then they do usually have late opening times and shut around 8, fireworks too some nights. It's a mixed bag crowd wise. I went during the summer holidays last year, Saturday as well, and it was busy but queues were fine. Millennium was pretty much walk on, could just keep going round and round. Odyssey had a bit more a queue, but only like 10-15 mins.

Joker Booster is on the opposite side of fantasy island and is owned by different people, so it isn't part of the park and therefore not including in your wristband. So have to pay for that separately if wanting to go on.

Harrington flints is fairly reliable yes mate.

Great, thank you.

10-15 minutes is fine. When we do go we'd probably get there around opening so if it's anything like the other seaside parks hopefully the first few hours are quietest.

Sorry to bump this thread on quite a random tangent, but I was just thinking about Fantasy Island and I’d be intrigued to know people’s thoughts.

After discovering earlier today that Oakwood is shut in the week in May that my family and I are going to Pembrokeshire, I was mulling over the idea of potentially taking myself to a UK park once I finish university. And I was wondering about Fantasy Island, as it’s probably the most noteworthy UK park I haven’t visited, particularly in terms of coaster selection.

So I was hoping to ask; is Fantasy Island worth a long trip? What is it actually like?

I know about Odyssey and Millennium (indeed, these are probably the park’s main draws for me), but I’ll confess to not being the most clued up on the rest of the offering. I gather that it’s become a bit of a revolving door of Mellors’ travelling ride portfolio in recent years, and I’ll confess that the sort of “travelling fair” type look of the place aside from Odyssey and Millennium is one of the things that puts me off travelling a long way out of my way for it. There’s not anything wrong with a fair-type vibe per se, but travelling fair-type rides have never really compelled me to travel long distances, for the most part. If I want a travelling fair-type experience, I can go somewhere far more local to my Gloucestershire location like Brean or Barry Island.

In terms of how long Fantasy Island would take for me to get to; by train (my likely mode of transport), the trip from my local station to Skegness is around 5.5 hours (albeit with only one change, in Nottingham, so not too bad in terms of complexity!), so my total round trip would be 11 hours. My return train ticket cost would probably be knocking on triple figures, and due to the distance, I would probably stay somewhere overnight so that I could have a vaguely substantial visit to Fantasy Island.

For those who’ve visited, is the park worth a visit if you’ve never been? Is it worth a long trip from far away in its own right? As I’ve said, it’s probably the most noteworthy UK park I’ve never visited, and Odyssey and Millennium are certainly substantial-looking coasters, but the rest of the offering aside from that has always looked like “Brean Theme Park: Lincolnshire Edition”, and it does seem like a long way to travel if Odyssey and Millennium are the only worthwhile draws. I absolutely accept, though, that there could be more to Fantasy Island than meets the eye seeing as I’ve never been, and I absolutely accept that my non-visitor’s perception of it being mostly like a permanent funfair could be a low blow on it.

Is Fantasy Island worth a long trip in its own right, in you guys’ view?

The two custom Vekomas are worth the trip from any part of the country. There are a few well-themed rides and attractions inside also. The park is a gamble weather wise, so I would bite the bullet and visit during peak summer holiday season. There are never massive queues regardless the time of year.

I'd say so, provided they open the 2 Vekomas are both good rides. There's all manner of travelling rides and inside the pyramid is really well done and a number of things worth doing including seaquarium.

If you are travelling via Skegness you can visit Bottons Pleasure Beach as well, they do tokens so you can just buy and ride what you want. But they've got Queen Bee which is a ridiculously rare inverted coaster wacky worm layout. Probably best finding a b and b in Skegness really and then getting the bus to and from Ingoldmells the next day.

In reality for the journey you'd be doing there are far better options for the cost and time.

Unless you were going to do a mass cred run of the east coast. In which case bang it on the list with a few others.

Have far more fun in the arcade than on Odyssey.

Sorry to bump this thread on quite a random tangent, but I was just thinking about Fantasy Island and I’d be intrigued to know people’s thoughts.

After discovering earlier today that Oakwood is shut in the week in May that my family and I are going to Pembrokeshire, I was mulling over the idea of potentially taking myself to a UK park once I finish university. And I was wondering about Fantasy Island, as it’s probably the most noteworthy UK park I haven’t visited, particularly in terms of coaster selection.

So I was hoping to ask; is Fantasy Island worth a long trip? What is it actually like?

I know about Odyssey and Millennium (indeed, these are probably the park’s main draws for me), but I’ll confess to not being the most clued up on the rest of the offering. I gather that it’s become a bit of a revolving door of Mellors’ travelling ride portfolio in recent years, and I’ll confess that the sort of “travelling fair” type look of the place aside from Odyssey and Millennium is one of the things that puts me off travelling a long way out of my way for it. There’s not anything wrong with a fair-type vibe per se, but travelling fair-type rides have never really compelled me to travel long distances, for the most part. If I want a travelling fair-type experience, I can go somewhere far more local to my Gloucestershire location like Brean or Barry Island.

In terms of how long Fantasy Island would take for me to get to; by train (my likely mode of transport), the trip from my local station to Skegness is around 5.5 hours (albeit with only one change, in Nottingham, so not too bad in terms of complexity!), so my total round trip would be 11 hours. My return train ticket cost would probably be knocking on triple figures, and due to the distance, I would probably stay somewhere overnight so that I could have a vaguely substantial visit to Fantasy Island.

For those who’ve visited, is the park worth a visit if you’ve never been? Is it worth a long trip from far away in its own right? As I’ve said, it’s probably the most noteworthy UK park I’ve never visited, and Odyssey and Millennium are certainly substantial-looking coasters, but the rest of the offering aside from that has always looked like “Brean Theme Park: Lincolnshire Edition”, and it does seem like a long way to travel if Odyssey and Millennium are the only worthwhile draws. I absolutely accept, though, that there could be more to Fantasy Island than meets the eye seeing as I’ve never been, and I absolutely accept that my non-visitor’s perception of it being mostly like a permanent funfair could be a low blow on it.

Is Fantasy Island worth a long trip in its own right, in you guys’ view?
I think it's worth it if you can time your visit well, there are some notable rides in the park other than the big coasters. Contrary to what @Tom says above, do not visit during the summer hols. I made that mistake a few years ago and it was hell. Never again. And keep an eye on the forecast, Oddyssey especially will shut if it's fairly windy.

In terms of rides you should do other than the main ones,

- Volcano is a pretty good S&S shot tower
-The Rhombus Rocket is a good powered coaster
- The rides in the Pyramid indoor section are all well worth doing, there's the Toucan Tours monorail, the Seaquarium raft ride, the Baloon Ride, the Dragon Mountain Descent dinghy slide, and they are all rides I enjoy. There's also a high ropes course which is included in the wristband too. Not done The Guardian or Harrinton Flints so can't comment on those.

Last edited:
Also wouldn’t recommend the train during peak summer, especially at weekends. It is very busy with often questionable clientele that makes the 2hrs from Nottingham a rather laborious trip to say the least.