• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Features We'd Like to See on the New Forum

The design looks nice but the first thing it reminded me of was TowersTimes...

mrbrightside said:
The design looks nice but the first thing it reminded me of was TowersTimes...

Yeah same, maybe not having the map at the top of the homepage would remove that association?

Just had a look at this, obviously I'm not part of the technical expertise of the team but I will put some points. It's not a bad design at all and has some nice features. My main issue is the huge TowerS street, street scenes on either side hemming in the content at either side.

Though I'm sure Joel will see this and maybe take some inspiration :)

Dave said:
Just had a look at this, obviously I'm not part of the technical expertise of the team but I will put some points. It's not a bad design at all and has some nice features. My main issue is the huge TowerS street, street scenes on either side hemming in the content at either side.

Though I'm sure Joel will see this and maybe take some inspiration :)

I do aggree with you after some consideration that the TowersStreet.com signs are distracting. Also, The towers street shiluettes down the side would need to only just be made out against the background. I couldnt really show this in the diagram as I needen to make it obvious it was there. I will do a few neater, revised versions of the design to see what might work best. I've always quite liked the idea of website design, it appeals to me, so I thought I might share some ideas with tst!

Map wise, I was thinking just the stantard towers map would do (supposing tst have permission to use it).

Also, a small idea I had was to have the map window to show more than the map, using flash content where the image would slide to the next one once circles at the bottom of the area are clicked (similar to the officials towers home page). arround three images could be shown, things like links to the sw7 minisite, offers & such, as I feel having the SW7 minisite banner slapped perminently on the home page is a little distracting/tacky.

Thanks for taking the time to look at the design, just thought I'd share it with you all!

:D

Sorry to double post.

Here is an updated version of the site design I uploaded yesterday:

newsite_zps51884238.jpg

Obviously no colour this time, as I wanted it to focus o the site instead of the colours.

:)

I've just had an idea that Squiggles might be interested in:

I was thinking about the Old Rides section on TTF which I assume will also be making its appearance here?

The idea is that instead of just past rides you include every ride and the ability to toggle the list between opening date and closing date. This would be a great way to see when each ride opened and in what order without having to make a new list.

If you wanted to take the idea further you could add another feature where you select a year and all rides that where operating in that year highlight with a purple glow around them.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I'd love to see a 'next page' button, as i, and no doubt many others navigate the forums via mobile phone and it's pretty hard to press individual numbers as oppose to "next" ala TTF...

Are there any plans to have a content upload feature a bit like TTF had? A place where you can upload content so TST can use it? I know you can always just email it to the team etc, but an actual page I think would be better.

It's been discussed but it's not the top of priorities at the moment, I'm sure it will come along though :)