• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Features We'd Like to See on the New Forum

That's news to me... Took them long enough.

Do parks not know that if they don't want any of this trouble, they should just release the music on CD? :mad:

I think it's mainly due to copyright holders (the companies that are paid to create the music for Merlin) that prevents fan sites from uploading huge libraries of music. Since nothing is done in-house now Merlin deal with the music in a different way. Due to the complications of it they have put a stop out on music releases.

Last year a new member on TT posted huge amounts of audio, mostly new, and this cause a lot of legal issues between Merlin and TT. Which eventually resulted in TT being given a list of audio that cannot be available online - which then pretty much left the whole media library being removed.

You can probably find most music on YouTube now. Merlin haven't caught on just yet with all the music on there.

One tiny little thing, would it be possible to make it so if you click the TS Logo at the top of the screen it would take you to the home page? :D
Because i keep clicking it by accident thinking it's gonna take me there

possibly an under 16s area? i know there is the bit for over 18s but the younger members surely should have there own area. and i know there are some eg. ME so really it would be a great feature.

Interesting idea. Could you perhaps elaborate on that a bit more? :) As nearly all topics outside of the Tavern are suited for under 18s. What would make an under 16s area unique? What kind of topics would it have? :)

cue the over 18 member do jokes based on stereotypes of teenagers. or is it just me that wants to do that :D

What if you were over 16 but under 18? Then where would you go?

Do we cast people out into the wild at 16 as a rite of passage until they are ready, Sparta style?

The party smiley. You all know the one.

And a U16 area could just be a topic really but I couldn't see it be the most alive thing. I've could learn a lesson or two from that with cleekiness, and I've learned my lesson. Just make it plain simple and not like a club.

I'd Like to see the games & simulators section return from TTF. At the moment, TST is lacking in simulators.

Out of interest, who created the games? As surely if a TST administrator made them, they have the rights to them, there for could move them over from TTF.

As much as the community & forum on TST are the same, it dosent seem to have the same vibe as TTF. Its missing something. I don't know what (not the games by the way).

Just though't I'd mention it!

:)

Stelios said:
The party smiley. You all know the one.

And a U16 area could just be a topic really but I couldn't see it be the most alive thing. I've could learn a lesson or two from that with cleekiness, and I've learned my lesson. Just make it plain simple and not like a club.

Cleekiness? I know it's not a word but at least spell the root correctly - cliqueiness ;) I'm sorry but I can't stand such a butchering of the English language :p

James said:
Interesting idea. Could you perhaps elaborate on that a bit more? :) As nearly all topics outside of the Tavern are suited for under 18s. What would make an under 16s area unique? What kind of topics would it have? :)

Honestly i don't know. it was just an idea that i thought would work. it's not something i really considered. it would just be a place to chat for the younger members. haven't really thought it through much :-[

Stelios said:

it wouldn't be a club. that would not be the way to put it. i think just a topic would be good just to see if it could work as an area or be left as a topic. there (hopefully) shouldn't be any cliqueiness but i don't know as it was just an idea that came into my head.

CGM said:
What if you were over 16 but under 18? Then where would you go?

Do we cast people out into the wild at 16 as a rite of passage until they are ready, Sparta style?

wherever. they can stay in the U16 area or whatever. perhaps they should be cast into the wild :)

Blizzard said:
I'd Like to see the games & simulators section return from TTF. At the moment, TST is lacking in simulators.

Out of interest, who created the games? As surely if a TST administrator made them, they have the rights to them, there for could move them over from TTF.

As much as the community & forum on TST are the same, it dosent seem to have the same vibe as TTF. Its missing something. I don't know what (not the games by the way).

Just though't I'd mention it!

The simulators where made by a few different people on TT but not any of the team here, we haven't really considered doing any as the team behind TowersNerd have Ride Sims which is a fantastic source for those types of games.

Not every Towers fan site is going to be able to cover all of the bases (especially not in the short time we have had), so i would recommend using all of the different sources to get the things you need.

There's already a under-16's area. It called the Shoutbox.

Seriously though, I don't think anything else is needed. The majority of the teenage members just use that.

queenofspeed said:
Nick said:
There's already a under-16's area. It called the Shoutbox.

Seriously though, I don't think anything else is needed. The majority of the teenage members just use that.

where do i find this? 8)

Bottom of the Talk Index :)

Just though't I'd through a few ideas in for the site's design. I was thinking about how the site would look if it was a little more formal, sharing the "Silver" & "Gold" colour from the logo. Combining it with a Classic feel similar to that of towers street & the towers. Also, I was wondering if the frogs could make an apperance as part of the site, other than a picture.

The result is this:

map_zps67a82c03.jpg

Ok, yes it was drwan by hand & coloured in on paint. I cam only draw by hand, so please forgive that!
Obviously its only to give a few ideas, but its something that I think would look good with some adjustments.

EDIT: sorry, the image hasnt worjed. Just sorting it!