• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

February Half Term 2013 line-up announced

So, what has everyone made of the event this year? I think it's fair to say that so far it has been a huge success for Towers.

I have never seen the park so busy during Feb half term. There were at least 7k on park yesterday apparently, possibly as many as 10k. That's a lot considering they were only expecting 3.5k and a huge difference compared to the same day last year.

Before this event I had never heard of Moshi Monsters. However it seems to have gone down a treat with the kids. There have been Disney style queues to meet some of the characters. The Moshi quest is great also, a few of us tried it yesterday for a bit of fun and that's exactly what it was! So having a sponsored event has definitely worked, and is probably the reason why it has been so busy.

It would have been nice if a couple more rides had been open to cope with the crowds but to be fair to Towers I don't think they were expecting such crowds. People are saying it would have been better if Thirteen had been open, as it is a family coaster, however if they'd done that they'd also had have to open shops and possibly food outlets in Dark Forest increasing costs therefore you can see why they didn't.

Finally though, it is a shame that the gardens were closed. This has not been the case in previous years and I can't think of a really good reason as to why they needed to be. If snow had still be around then fair enough but it hasn't been.

Overall, credit to Towers, this event is fantastic so far!

:)