• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

February Half Term 2013 line-up announced

Rob said:
It will be underneath the launch, covering the path. Just H&S gone mad really, it's been absolutely fine between 2005 and earlier this year, then one cable snap when the park is open and bam, something has to be done.

:)

I disagree. If they can't prevent the cable form snapping uncontrollably, then they need to demonstrate control over the safety implications of it flying through the air.

Charlie has run in February before as a last minute replacement for Twirling Toadstool.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Does anybody know if Towers do reduced rate rooms on resort during FHT to encourage people to come? If they do it might be a tempting trip...

Sub-Terra inning closed isn't that surprising, as it's an adult ride. As this Half Term appears to be aimed at children and families fro, the sponsorship, this is to be expected, no?

mrbrightside said:
Does anybody know if Towers do reduced rate rooms on resort during FHT to encourage people to come? If they do it might be a tempting trip...

In the past rooms have been as low as £129 per night midweek, but I haven't seen this years rates and last year the rates did seem to creep up.

Rates for 2012 were high.

Before, in 2011 and earlier - they were quite cheap.

I think we could see £99 offers next year. I get the impression that the Merlin accountants have said they don't want to see an empty room at Alton Towers any longer.

T said:
Sub-Terra inning closed isn't that surprising, as it's an adult ride. As this Half Term appears to be aimed at children and families fro, the sponsorship, this is to be expected, no?

The line up does seem this is aimed at families yes, but what would be the reasoning for opening Nemmy & air?

Maybe to keep the 'regulars' happy? I don't know, but I for sure will be visiting even just to whore Nemmy for a few hours then have a nosey around to see whats been going on.

Just out of interest for people wanting to go and get re-rides of nemesis and air these typically run on 1 train operation due to the others being in maintenance. I once waited 40mins for Nemesis :(

Nice to see Moshi Monsters sponsoring the event though, kids really do like the brand.

Families do ride the big rides y'know ;).

Sub terra is closed due to maintenance, could always be included on following years. They just have a lot of work to do on it this year for numerous reasons.

I dislike the IP sponsorship thingy, it feels cheap and tacky like chessington "events". A place like towers should be able to carry itself under it's own brand, not needing some cheap event to pull things through.

Being a kid I know that Moshi Monsters is a really good website. Mostly aimed at kids 6- 11, people (the.. less popular ones) in my year still play on it :) In year 6, it was the fashion to go onto Moshi Monsters, and still is now (according to my bro!) I never really got it, but every time I logged on, to see my dying pet there were hundreds of members online.

siralgenon said:
After seeing posters around the Resort Hotels yesterday, and on the banner below http://www.altontowers.com/events/half-term/ the posters state 'BOOK A STAY IN A MOSHI ROOM'. Could we be seeing Moshi Monsters themed suites next year?

It sounds like the company behind Moshi Monsters have just gave Alton aload of bulk stuff to give away at the event. Maby exclusive content for the 6 rooms that are available? But yeah it seems like a goodybag and some other Moshi Monster goodies. I hope they don't re-theme more rooms as this brand although reconcilable I dont feel fits with the Resort.

I just think some rooms will contain a load of moshi goodies, I cant see them getting re-themed as they would seem a bit out of place on the park after Feb half term is over.

I wonder whether lack of Charlie on the list is due to it having been open over Christmas...it would probably need maintenence work that would normally have been done in time for February half term?

Nemmy walk on plus the lovely TST members on park

Definitely worth going.....last year about 7 rides were open due to the conditions but it was amazing fun :)

Just so long as it doesn't have a huge chunk of ice hanging off it preventing operation again :)

I don't recall Nemmy being walk-on last year either; certainly on the Sunday of the first weekend it was effectively running one train. Both trains were on track, but one was running empty with no wheel covers on the back car. I think somebody said it had brushes fitted to scrub some rust off the rails after the ride's winter hibernation. It seems believable enough, as it's otherwise very unusual to see Nemmy running with any 'naked' wheelsets (especially compared to Inferno).

Should be running with two trains this year it seems. The train being sent around captured last sunday was done to avoid the rust issues in feb apparently.