• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ferrari World - Abu Dhabi - 3 New Coasters incl. SFX Coaster

I suppose the main issue is that the rides been delayed that much the effects have dated, and the clever use of switch tracks etc will probably be quickly surpassed by other companies.

I'm heading over to Dubai in 6 weeks for work and managed to tag a nice little 10 day holiday on the end of it. The wife and my son will be meeting me at the airport for our final 10 days.

Just found out Formula Rossa has been down for 2 months now with no news of it being re-opened. Would be absolutely gutted to miss out on it as we've booked a 3 night stay on Yas Island to do Warner Bros, Sea World and Ferrari World.

Also hearing that Fly Aces is having huge maintenance issues almost daily now too with it being closed for a good 60/70% of every day.

Anyone heard what the issue might be with Formula Rossa?

I went in January this year and Formula Rossa, Flying Aces and Mission Ferrari were all closed!! We had planned our time in Abu Dhabi to do the 3 parks so had no option but to go that day. Operations were slow on the other rides and some of them are VERY jaded. Driving With The Champion and Viaggio in Italia are in dire need of replacing! Just having been in Warner Bros and Sea World, as well as Ferrari Land in Spain, it feels a bit lacking. Get the 3 park ticket and just make the most of it is what I would suggest!

Also, Yas Island is a great place to stay. We just used Uber to travel between the hotel and the parks and it was always less than a fiver. You can cycle around the Yas Marina Circuit on a Wednesday night too. Check what's on in the Etihad Arena while you're there. We saw Hamilton and tickets were very reasonable.

I went in January this year and Formula Rossa, Flying Aces and Mission Ferrari were all closed!! We had planned our time in Abu Dhabi to do the 3 parks so had no option but to go that day. Operations were slow on the other rides and some of them are VERY jaded. Driving With The Champion and Viaggio in Italia are in dire need of replacing! Just having been in Warner Bros and Sea World, as well as Ferrari Land in Spain, it feels a bit lacking. Get the 3 park ticket and just make the most of it is what I would suggest!

Also, Yas Island is a great place to stay. We just used Uber to travel between the hotel and the parks and it was always less than a fiver. You can cycle around the Yas Marina Circuit on a Wednesday night too. Check what's on in the Etihad Arena while you're there. We saw Hamilton and tickets were very reasonable.

Tbh I don't even think we will be visiting if Formula Rossa doesn't reopen in the next few weeks. I genuinely wouldn't enjoy the day knowing I'm that close and can't go on it. We will probably do the waterpark, Warner Bros and Sea World instead.

Still got 4 weeks before we go to Dubai and just over 5 weeks away before we go on to Abu Dhabi at the end of our trip so keeping fingers crossed. It has been closed for 4 months now though so not too hopeful it will be operating. There's even a few rumours knocking around that it might well need a lot of the track replacing due to the heat so if that's true I doubt it will be operating again all year.

Apparently Flying Aces and Mission Ferrari are both closed more than they are operating this season too so another reason to give it a miss.

Shame. ;(

Given the reports of ride downtime in this part of the world it really does make me concerned for Falcons Flight going up at Six Flags Qiddiya. That ridiculous amount of track, built high up on the side of a cliff, and in the desert conditions is going to be an absolute maintenance nightmare. I can see it being the modern equivalent of Ring Racer.

But it’s a real pity that Formula Rossa is down, must be really gutting to go all that way only for it to be essentially SBNO at the moment. If it does indeed need track work then that’s a bit concerning, I wonder if it might end up getting some kind of LSM overhaul as well as some point or if that wouldn’t even be feasible for it given the extreme speeds it reaches?

Given the reports of ride downtime in this part of the world it really does make me concerned for Falcons Flight going up at Six Flags Qiddiya. That ridiculous amount of track, built high up on the side of a cliff, and in the desert conditions is going to be an absolute maintenance nightmare. I can see it being the modern equivalent of Ring Racer.

But it’s a real pity that Formula Rossa is down, must be really gutting to go all that way only for it to be essentially SBNO at the moment. If it does indeed need track work then that’s a bit concerning, I wonder if it might end up getting some kind of LSM overhaul as well as some point or if that wouldn’t even be feasible for it given the extreme speeds it reaches?

Luckily I'm in Dubai on business for 3 days so just making it into a family holiday.
Going over to YAS island was just because we've done Dubai previously so wanted to see new places. We will be doing Warner Bros and Sea World for sure. Ferrari world will depend on what's open.

Rumours on Formula Rossa seem to suggest that it's the roughness of the rest of the track rather than the launch section that's the issue.

Ah well.....can't be helped.

It’s going to end up being the ultimate white elephant.

Imagine getting stuck out on that cliff 🤯

Will be amazing for the time it does exist at least.