• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ferrari World Korea

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
So it seems that plans are in place for a second Ferrari World to be built in Korea.

ferrari-world-korea-3.jpg

Funding does not seem to negate the possibility of progress even raised the game "Ferrari World in Paju 'project which was promised from the Middle East, investors Given the initial capital investment in some projects laid the groundwork for resumption.  Paju investment business team officials "in the Middle East investors Ferrari World in Paju for the construction of a special purpose company (SPC) of the nominal capital of $ 2,000,000 transfer to the domestic banks, "he said on the 25th. Investors in the Middle East based company, Al Ahli Group (AAG) is AAG the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in the trading and distribution business, including shopping centers and 15 affiliates are geoneurigo.  Paju one pajueup 3,720,000 ㎡ Ferrari World on the grounds of the luxury car makers 'Ferrari' car entered into a licensing agreement with theme parks and cultural residential, commercial and mixed-use development project is to build a facility. Sponsor of Business Gateway Investments in capital of 50 billion won for the project, the company projects (PFV) is '㈜ Paju Eurasian Development' is promoting the establishment.  projects from foreign investors, according to organizers 30 billion won (60% of total) and procurement △ government-funded institutions, including local government 2.5 billion won (5%) △ construction investors 5,000,000,000 won (10%) △ funds, banks, securities firms, financial investors, 2.5 billion won (5%) △ strategic investors such as Ferrari World operators 10 billion won ( 20%) of plans to raise 50 billion won in capital.  entire project cost of 1.6162 trillion won in capital (500 million) and is provided through borrowing. Foreign subsidiaries of foreign capital and domestic drag PF (PF) and procure a total of 653.8 billion won and 912.4 billion won, including facilities for the sale and the sale caters income. Last October, security administration, received approval from the business plan to start construction in February next year, in August 2016 and is aiming to open.
The article can be found here.

There's what appears to be a clone of Formula Rossa and potentially a similar Maurer dueling coaster to the one in Dubai.

My god Korean clearly doesn't translate well to English - I could barely make any sense of that article :p

Looks like the global recession isn't bothering these guys, and it certainly isn't affecting coaster manufacturers!

Sent using Tapatalk

I could be wrong but I thought that Ferrari World Abu Dhabi was really struggling. Certainly, whenever I've seen photo trip reports of the place, it's looked completely dead. It seems strange that they would push ahead with this project, particularly as attendance at the Korean Grand Prix hasn't been spectacular in the last few years. However, the South Koreans do love their theme parks so they may be onto something.

In any case, the original Ferrari World looks like a pretty poor theme park and so I'm not too excited about this one. I can't think of any park built around just one theme that's any good and I can't see why this would be an exception.

I just think that the entire concept of a Ferrari themed park is flawed. It could be argued that Disney use the same strategy but they have a huge and varied catalogue of films to draw inspiration from. Ferrari make cars. There's only so much you can do with that. I think when you have rides such as "V12 : The Ride", you're scraping the barrel a bit.

Basically, I think that Ferrari World does no favours for the theme park industry as a whole and it cheapens the Ferrari brand as well. I can't imagine Aston Martin opening a theme park.

Also, is that not one of those proposed S&S tower coasters in the concept art?

Reading through the fansite where I found this from, they also share are concerns that the park in Abu Dhabi isn't doing very well, so I fail to see why're expanding either. Another point to notice is where the park will be situated [image from themeparkX]

ferrari-world-korea-1.jpg

I imagine the construction process will be very tense for the builders.

I heard that Abu Dhabi was scheduling ride closures to save money? So clearly struggling?