• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Festival talk

josht

TS Member
Favourite Ride
bandit (movie park)
It's the start of festival season, as most 2014 line ups are being announced.

So which has taken your interest whether it's comedy, food, music etc

Not going to any festivals this year, but would give anything to go to Tomorrowland one day...

Adam said:
Not going to any festivals this year, but would give anything to go to Tomorrowland one day...
I would say its one of the best festivals in the world it looks unbelievable

140128-primavera-sound-lineup-schedule.jpg

+

th720_028bb524982630ed93057a3438c32870.jpg

=

:D

Sonisphere. It's pretty much the same line up it always has, but considering the state of Download and R+L this year, does it matter? The Prodigy, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, Ghost, Anthrax, Gojira...

Definitely Sonisphere for me this year, it'll be my first festival so I can't wait.

Looking forward to seeing Iron Maiden, Metallica, Ghost, Alice In Chains, Airbourne and Voodoo Six.

:)

josht said:
Adam said:

Hate to shut you guys down, but there are much better festivals out there. I really think the fantasy theme is a wee bit tacky, for what is a commercial EDM festival. And there isn't variety in the acts either. This year is the year of creamfields. No tacky crap, and a decent variety in the world of dance music. And pretty much anyone worth seeing, is playing.

HaydenCR said:
josht said:
Adam said:

Hate to shut you guys down, but there are much better festivals out there. I really think the fantasy theme is a wee bit tacky, for what is a commercial EDM festival. And there isn't variety in the acts either. This year is the year of creamfields. No tacky crap, and a decent variety in the world of dance music. And pretty much anyone worth seeing, is playing.

Hate to shut you down Hayden, but here's no tacky crap on at Creamfields? There has always been a core element of tacky, high-energy crap at Creamfields and this year is no different. If anything, I think Creamfields has become more commercial as of late. The year of Creamfields was probably circa 2002.

I suppose it all depends on what perspective you're coming from though, of course.

There's Dave's Comedy Festival in Leicester which is currently taking place!

HaydenCR said:
josht said:
Adam said:

Which is exactly what Creamfields is aswell, only difference is Tomorrowland sells out around 150,000 tickets almost instantly, and Creamfields doesn't. Tomorrowland is so big it's going to take place over two weekends this year.

Plus all the big names in house music are playing at both events, so I'm not sure how you can say Creamfields is better because of that either. Unless maybe you work for Creamfields? Or get paid to advertise it online? ;)

Don't get me wrong creamfeilds has a class line up but sometimes it's about how it looks and the effort they put in for a good show

creamfields is commercial of course and it's following (not helped by its location) is sometimes somewhat, unpleasant shall we say. global gathering all the way for me. Visited both for many years. Oh, but what wonderful times they were ;)

Plastic Person said:
HaydenCR said:
josht said:
Adam said:

Hate to shut you down Hayden, but here's no tacky crap on at Creamfields? There has always been a core element of tacky, high-energy crap at Creamfields and this year is no different. If anything, I think Creamfields has become more commercial as of late. The year of Creamfields was probably circa 2002.

I suppose it all depends on what perspective you're coming from though, of course.

There is tacky crap at creamfields. But its tacky crap with variety. Sure there's every EDM star that's ever existed, but there's decent acts in the smaller tents, and if you want an overall idea of where the dance music scene is going, its your best bet. At Tomorrowland, you get Big room house, Trance and Hardstyle, and maybe a small amount of Carl Cox.

Download doesn't look too bad now if you ignore the two main stages. I'd actually go if I get the chance, but Sonisphere still leads the way for the big rock festivals.

Creamfields again has pretty much every big name in EDM at the moment, but then again it doesn't have too much competition over here.