• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2014

Whatever happened to 1 price for all, and treating everyone equally? We really are back to the days of a class system with the way M£rlin are going about this VIP stupidity lately.

i think western civilization as a whole is going back to the old days. Think back to the days of the Titanic. All the 3rd class passengers kept in the lower confines of the ship treated like rats. Wont be long before air travel will be like this, will be a room at the back of the plane with standing room only, no tv's, one toilet and probably no windows. M£rlin are merely following suit with the rest of society. Sad isnt it....

I didn't think it was too bad, but putting that area where they have joking aside and even societal issues to one side, is just rotten service to the core.

I am never against premium services, there's nothing wrong with that at all, a bit of luxury/treat etc - we should never take that choice away, it's crap for the economy and it's crap for fueling ambition which drives humanity forward.

However, when it is such a blatant act of screw you to the people who have paid still very very good money to see this show, to put it there, is just plain wrong.

This looks like someone at Towers as well, I cannot imagine for a moment M£rlin said you must slam the VIP area right in the middle of everyone else.

Notice how more of this happens every season? As I repeatedly say, it isn't necessarily where we are now, it's where it is HEADING that is the real concern. I predicted F&Bs downfall a while ago on this site, and why, and it's just creeping into more areas of the park.

There's a rotten apple in that organisation somewhere that needs to be weeded out.

Totally agree. But if you look on the website or just walk around Towers, there's posters and advertisements everywhere for VIP experiences now. The themed rooms in the hotels are premium services, that's fine. It started with paid fastrack, the "them and us" situation it has created and now and it's all VIP gone mad.

Just merely calling something VIP experience is wrong. What makes those Very Importable People so much better than the rest of us? Oh yeah, it's their level of disposable income. They're "important" people. Meaning the rest of us are not important at all. Hence slamming that VIP area in the way of everyone else.

I wonder how long it'll be before Annual Passes are split again, and we see a new "economy annual pass". Everything should be 1 price, then offer promotional discounts at key times so those with less disposable income (or less stupidity) can have the same amazing experience. Every customer should be a VIP to a business, at least that's the way Pearson/Tussauds used to work,

I couldn't believe how many posters were on park for this or that VIP experience, front row this, fast track that etc

They're going way over the top it's not on. It shows a total disregard for the normal paying customer, and they ram it in your face all over the park. Someone at Towers is doing this, and whomever it is, needs to stop it as it's eating the soul of the park away.

Some yes, additional yes, not against that, use some creative nous and there's plenty of ways to achieve it.

If they think normal customers aren't noticing this as well, their heads are further up their own bottoms that even I thought.

Thing is..... people are obviously buying this stuff so AT would be crazy not to take the extra money from it

No they are crazy for trying this ruse, the money they bring in will not generate enough to outweigh the bad will and sour taste this will leave on people around that area, whether or not they vocalise it, it's human nature, they're utterly beyond stupid if they somehow think they can circumvent that.

Even if it doesn't hugely affect peoples experience, which it will, because the idea of arriving early to get a good seat has now gone without the addition of a frankly hideous sum of money.

Would the VIP area be the whole of that fenced off area we can see in that image, or just the grey raised area further forward? I do hope it's the latter.

Whoaaaa calm down guys! It really isn't that bad:

B1wvYoxIcAElRd4.jpg

No impact on the view there at all. There will not be an issue unless you stand directly behind the VIP area, which would be a silly thing to do anyway.

:)

The neighbours @PeteB ?
That's kinda irrelevant considering you have fireworks making a racket for 20 minutes. :p

Weird they've gone for something like this again considering last year there were a few comments about audio not being perfect.

That's kinda irrelevant considering you have fireworks making a racket for 20 minutes. :p

Weird they've gone for something like this again considering last year there were a few comments about audio not being perfect.

Touche.

Indeed. Extremely inconsistent, it must be the last thing that get's thought about. When you consider that the pop music shows were ear blisteringly loud, and now they're doing better shows with better music but trimming down the PA. Doesn't make any sense.

Also is the problem of video. They really need delay towers at the bottom of towers street as I can remember in years gone by anyone standing at the back of the lawn would notice the lip-sync was completely out with the video. Again, they put delay towers on the 2010-2012 shows but don't bother now. Totally backwards.

Urgh. I see they're using a disappointingly small PA system again this year. What ever happened to this:
They're too busy trying to irritate you with the VIP platform ;).

Think the speakers are fine.. It's the balance between Fireworks and other stuff that I'm interested in. Oh, and being able to see past the platform which takes up 10% of the lawns.

PA system probably isn't a huge issue since they usually have further speakers at back of the lawns and on TowersStreet don't they?