• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2015

Haha! Ok I'll admit I'm mildly impressed that they've gone to such lengths to make it sound different, so I MAY be able to tolerate it.

But still, isn't this a theme park? Where's the theme when ending on ITHOTMK every time?

Thing is, there's not a theme park in the world that has a song which is so strongly associated with it. When you have a piece of music that's heard, and a huge percentage of people will simply say "oh that's the Alton Towers song" rather than the actual name, you'd be crazy not to end a show on it - no matter what the theme.

I'm also in support of them using it. The song is so iconic to Alton Towers, and it's an opportunity to leave a strong brand impression during what is normally a spectacular display.

Piece. Not song.

Songs have words. :)

Sorry - music pedant!

This does sound amazing! What 'til you hear the entire show and see it; it's going to be something amazing!

I really like that version, really looking forward to hearing it in the actual display. :)

Great to see so much effort being made. Even though it's the same old re-recording ITHOTMK with some changes is a great idea, it will leave Towers with a better quality piece, and in future this audio can be used for marketing materials across the resort, for adverts and for any external marketing. Win-win.

Desperately trying to persuade my dad (got the rest of my group on board :)) to go to fireworks. He doesn't really want to go (but he didn't want to go to scarefest, but I got him to go and he liked it). Any help?

So do you know why he does not want to go, the driving, the pain in the wallet? phobia of up sellers :D

A bit off-topic but is it weird that I get goosebumps whenever I watch past fireworks displays on YouTube?

Nope?

Just me?...

So do you know why he does not want to go, the driving, the pain in the wallet? phobia of up sellers :D
The general "I don't like going to Alton towers 6 times a year just to watch fireworks (especially if on the same day I can watch a big display from my window, and we went to legoland fireworks last week)". Though he might go if I buy him a refillable coffee.

What's the best fireworks available to view on youtube?

I quite often watch or even listen to the 2013 official video. It always sends shivers down my spine and really cheers me up :)

Will post a link when I'm home unless someone beats me to it...

Piece. Not song.

Songs have words. :)

Sorry - music pedant!

This does sound amazing! What 'til you hear the entire show and see it; it's going to be something amazing!

I'm assuming you more details than the rest of us? Not asking to give too much away but have Imascore done quite a bit of it or just the finale?

I LOVE that video... that opening was as epic as 2010's "thirteen" opening with the dramatic music, and all the smoke with the purple lights and gold fireworks - still sends shivers down my spine.

It's so refreshing to see that they seem to be improving still with this, instead of cut backs like so many other aspects have seen. Really excited for this weekend now.