• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2015

That's actually a pretty decent effort. Pyro is a bit thin but a massive part of their budget will have gone into the water screen.

Just how much does a water screen cost does anybody know? Surely it would be cheaper to make one if they're hiring them year on year? It's only really a decent pump that would be the main cost surely? The nozzle I'm sure you can fashion and refine out of other stuff.

Just how much does a water screen cost does anybody know? Surely it would be cheaper to make one if they're hiring them year on year? It's only really a decent pump that would be the main cost surely? The nozzle I'm sure you can fashion and refine out of other stuff.

Dont forget the projector (usually 20k lumen christie projectors are used) cabling and control equipment, plus the man power and logistics of getting it off a lorry and into the lake. The smaller 12m high ones are roughly £12,000 to hire and set up for a single day event. The 25m high screens which are more common and like what towers use are anywhere from £16,000 to £22,000 to hire. More if running over multiple days.

LCI used to supply the water screens for Alton in the old days, but last year they went with EMF Technologies.

Just watching that WOTW firework show and I've noticed that it was playing clips from the live show, wonder how much it must have cost to get the permission to show the clips, as well as the cost of the fireworks themselves?

For the first time in god knows how long, it seems Towers Nerd aren't doing a live stream today. Actually, updates everywhere have been pretty thin since Sunday. I guess a few people will be in for a surprise tonight :)

"A few" sounds about right judging by the current queue times. There seems to be hardly anyone there today, not even fansites.

"A few" sounds about right judging by the current queue times. There seems to be hardly anyone there today, not even fansites.
I suppose a lot of the geeks will be going for the last day of the season. :)

It's quiet, too quiet. Will pick up by a few in the next couple of hours but not usually significant.

Does anyone actually buy these things. I'd be surprised if I had £30, and If I did I wouldn't spend it on a AT fireworks hoodie.

Does anyone actually buy these things. I'd be surprised if I had £30, and If I did I wouldn't spend it on a AT fireworks hoodie.
Personally no. I have enough hoodies and beanies at home to warrant not spending £10/£30 on another one for the sake of having the Fireworks logo on.

T-shirts on the other hand are different.

Just seen a couple more pics of the set up. PA system is seriously lacking again this year :(

No sign of any screens, so likely no video elements.

Just seen a couple more pics of the set up. PA system is seriously lacking again this year :(

No sign of any screens, so likely no video elements.

PA system is seriously lacking?? are we looking at the same alton towers? its a great setup this year!

These are some serious speakers! High Def setup from OHM - if I'm correct those bottom cabs each contain 4 18" sub woofer drivers! It should absolutely BANG if its rigged up right. Will be a great sound in comparison to those awful tiny floor mounted things from last year.

Last edited:
That's a very small system for the area it has to cover. I was thinking more like this that they used 2010-2012:

altonpa.jpg

They also used to put delay towers on the bottom of Towers Street, which they haven't bothered with the previous 2 years. They really need them for the size of the area.

Of course, there was also the good old days:

002.jpg

;)