• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2016

unless you have seen the budget spreadsheets you cant say for sure.
This years shows will be the best yet :)

Maybe not (or maybe I have ;)), but as someone who has worked in UK public events as an AV technician for 15 years and worked around the world as a Senior Pyrotechnician for the last 6 years, I have a pretty good grasp of what's happening. Plus, it's a pretty small circle in the UK. Everyone knows each other, people talk. :p

You only have to see the cutbacks in the park this year to realise that the fireworks may not be as spectacular as previous years this time around - the fact its only 2 days is another sign of this. If they were doing them on the Friday night then I may have gone up, but given the Saturday is Nov 5 and most people, myself included have stuff going on locally, that rules out the Sat night for me.

And yes, the park would make more money if they opened the 3 days instead of two, of course they would, to me it seems crazy they are not doing the usual 3 nights for fireworks but hey ho, up to management isnt it.

I'm going to wait and see peoples comments from the Saturday night display before deciding whether or not to go up on the Sunday. But overall, i'm actually not that bothered this year!

Good plan GaryH...think I might copy.
And bring a sleeping bag for the queue on the way out!
The mates I have suggested it to have declined the visit, they have done them before, said it was worth the effort apart from the chaos of leaving the car park at the end of the day.

On days that are going to be busy, I usually turn up and park my car near the barriers (I park in the area to the left of the barriers, where people cut through and walk to the park entrance) before the parking attendants arrive. This saves a long queue and wait getting to the barriers ;)

Nice tip thank you, but I don't think I could cope with a whole twelve hours walking round the Towers,
not without at least a gallon of beer, and that would make the M6 drive home more fun than Nemesis...

...and before anyone gives me a hard time, yes that was a joke, and no I don't encourage drink driving...

But I suppose if I turned up late I could just park up near the exit barriers anyway.

I'm going to be controversial and say I've never been that bothered by the Fireworks (or indeed, fireworks in general). Towers have done some good displays in the past, but I tend to get bored easily with firework displays, even when they're really good. Plus it's always annoyingly busy, so cutting it down to just two days doesn't bother me in the slightest, although I appreciate for others it's a loss.

I've actually considered doing that before.

Where's the nearest place to park though?
Alton village at a guess.

I really do not recommend this for a variety of reasons. The roads get very busy as it at Fireworks and the last thing that the residents of Alton want is people who should know better parking up in the village and walking to the park. Please just use the car parks like the rest of us.

:)

My advice to avoid the scrum of people trying to exit..... go to the hotels, grab a drink, sit down and watch the show and leave later. Plus - the car park barriers will be open so you wont have to pay.

I have never had much trouble leaving after 9pm. If you join the smiler queue at the end of the day traffic will be fine by the time you get to the car park. The main rush is usually straight after the show, which you can also avoid by making a quick getaway, though you'll probably have to sacrifice a good view of the show to do so.

Just watched the video of last year's and it really was great, probably in the minority but I was hoping for something like last year's, but still optimistic it'll be good. I was a big fan of the Enterprise but not surprised they're not doing it again.

I'm sure it's the same advert they have had rehashed for god knows how many years. They just change the dates on it.

And yes it's Peter Dickson, does voiceovers for any show going