• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2016

i might be able to attend this, this season (if i do then it will be the first time at towers all season)
but te way my finances are atm it maybe a miss for the whole season which is a first since 2009 :(

Can anyone remind me which rides and what times the rides close during the fireworks? I think it's Spinball, X Sector and Dark Forest 6-8pm roughly?

As far as I recall, everything south of the lake gets shut a good hour or so before the display. Then they have to check it's all clear before letting people through after it. This is why most people make a bee line for Nemy.

Reactions: Tom
Last year the old disable viewing area in front of the Towers restaurant was exclusively for VIP MAP holders. I'm sure that will be the same for this year.

Last year the old disable viewing area in front of the Towers restaurant was exclusively for VIP MAP holders. I'm sure that will be the same for this year.

Meh, wish Merlin would rid the world of VIP MAP holders.

So it's a smaller viewing area? For a moment I thought they were bringing back the huge seated area on a platform in the middle of the lawns. How unusual that this only ran for a couple of years and then disappeared. You would think with Towers/Merlin's greed they would do it every year.

A few pics of construction progress today:

14925633_1214671448603297_2428624974527449128_n.jpg

14717073_1214671468603295_3936513741855101353_n.jpg

14908189_1214671475269961_8344589763525754536_n.jpg

14925633_1214671448603297_2428624974527449128_n.jpg

That screen is rather large! Not a massive fan of anything blocking the fireworks, but I'll await full judgement on it all next weekend. Loving the lights as always though :D.

Meh, wish Merlin would rid the world of VIP MAP holders.

So it's a smaller viewing area? For a moment I thought they were bringing back the huge seated area on a platform in the middle of the lawns. How unusual that this only ran for a couple of years and then disappeared. You would think with Towers/Merlin's greed they would do it every year.

It probably cost more to arrange the VIP area in front of the lawn than the sale of tickets. My other theory is that any turnover that the Towers make goes straight into Merlin pockets and that Merlin then allocated Towers a tight budget.

Am I the only one thinking this....... "hey everyone we cant afford many fireworks this year so we are going to whack up a ruddy great big screen infront of the Towers and play lots of visual effects so you dont notice the lack of fireworks so much"

Am I the only one thinking this....... "hey everyone we cant afford many fireworks this year so we are going to whack up a ruddy great big screen infront of the Towers and play lots of visual effects so you dont notice the lack of fireworks so much"

You'd be surprised how many THOUSANDS of pounds a stage setup like this costs.

I think it's all a bit unnecessary, much like the 3 big scaffold towers of 2013 (seriously, what was the point of those?), and much like the completely wasted waterscreen of 2014 (playing crappy animated gif's). So I really hope this enormous eye-sore on the lawns serves a significant purpose in this years show.

...or else I'm gonna blast them for wasting more money they haven't got.

Also I really, really hope they haven't blown their budget on this crap and forgotten about the sound system. Past 3 shows have had terrible sound.