• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2016

Few pictures from the weekend.

DSC_0068_zpsicdfuikv.jpg

DSC_0042_zpsx5egdwrs.jpg

DSC_0043_zpsau7zkhba.jpg

DSC_0097_zpsnugwmlgp.jpg

DSC_0049_zpsixgzfktw.jpg

IMAG3497_zpsdrvolrpb.jpg

Two of these were set up on the lawns yesterday.
DSC_0103_zpsagho3srl.jpg

The park's capacity at any one time is 28,000 (or was, this may have been reviewed I guess). It's based on what has been aggreed with the local authorities, and their own safety personnel. You can get more than 28,000 admissions in a day (as seen in the 2010 figures released as part of the Smiler planning application), but people do leave early/arrive late remember.

Not sure where last Saturday was in terms of numbers, but I think this Saturday will surpass it as the busiest day of the season, particularly of course as the Saturday is 5 November this year. A sellout is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Do you think it's likely to be unbearable on Saturday with queues? We are most likely just going to be in the kiddie areas. Any insight appreciated!

I still dont know what to do about this weekend..... Saturday is the only day I can make it, but the queues and how busy it will be, in particular getting out at the end of the night is really putting me off. Plus its a shorter show than previous years. Decisions decisions!!

Looks like i am not going to be worrying about ride Queue times fireworks weekend. however i will get a cracking viewing point.

Control room usually, unless a radio goes defective. Then it is where that radio user is.
However i can get on the ground, as was required last year.

Nope. some members here know that i volunteer for a large national first aid organisation, this org provides additional medical support for the fireworks.