• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2016

Hmmm very unusual setup, I hope it doesn't detract from the actual fireworks too much. I'd imagine that the screen and lighting will be used to fill rather a lot of gaps between the fireworks.

:)

Hmmm very unusual setup, I hope it doesn't detract from the actual fireworks too much. I'd imagine that the screen and lighting will be used to fill rather a lot of gaps between the fireworks.

I noticed they're also doing a shorter show this year, it's been quoted as 20 minutes. They're usually around 23 - 24.

Will be interesting for sure how this plays out. Last years while good also relied a bit on the lasers and lights rather than the firework displays seen in previous years. I have a feeling this year may be the same with that huge screen blocking the view over the lake. I'll keep an open mind and wait until Saturday night before deciding whether to turn up on the Sunday or not.

Will be interesting for sure how this plays out. Last years while good also relied a bit on the lasers and lights rather than the firework displays seen in previous years. I have a feeling this year may be the same with that huge screen blocking the view over the lake. I'll keep an open mind and wait until Saturday night before deciding whether to turn up on the Sunday or not.

Yes and yes. I also thought last years set up was quite clever, using actors on small platforms will have saved a ton of money compared to building huge set pieces like this.

A further pic from a rather foggy Alton Towers this morning

14753317_1215562278514214_594439343776808490_o.jpg

It'll be made frome closely spaced strips of LEDs. Various brands of semi-see-through screens are out there. But unless they plan on lighting the Towers with an atomic blast, you won't be able to see them through the screen at that distance. More likely they've gone with this design to allow wind to pass through: less chance of the whole thing getting blown over.

Haven't been to fireworks before, but from the photos, it looks like there's alot more lighting this year.

Not sure if I like the idea of having lots of lights and a screen to distract from the actual fireworks, but I cant argue that it isn't impressive. Cant wait to see how its used. I'm guessing that the ring around the screen could be used as a portal if lit up?

To be fair they have always had a lot of lighting, it's more the positioning that has changed. Each year it seems to have been brought further forward. Clearly there is some extra lighting attached to this rig though.

Hmmm, I sure hope all those slung heads are IP65 rated. Looks like only the ones sitting on the ground are covered with "condoms".

A further pic from a rather foggy Alton Towers this morning

14753317_1215562278514214_594439343776808490_o.jpg

Well I think my fears over poor sound have been eradicated, looks like they have some beefy line arrays hanging off that truss, and spit into 2 groups for better coverage. Nice.

Wouldn't worry much about this stage being an obstruction, it's no where near as bad as the Stratosphere Dome they had 10 years ago, and even that wasn't too much of a problem.

I dare say this show might be a little bit good. :)

...oh my god I just sounded optimistic. Must stop doing that. :eek: