• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2017

Rita fastrack queue always goes mental when they open dark forest box office.
I don’t know why :rolleyes:

Did the fastrack open again? Went by twice and once the queue was all out in front of gate and other the gate was locked.

Big Bang upgrade was well worth it though wasn’t it.

Wasn’t John Wardley’s bits just cut from past interviews? Pretty sure heard it all on GMTV when they opened TH13TEEN and he said success is when he sees people getting off the ride

I personally think that this show is better than 2016's but not as good as shows like 2013's and 2015's. I am a bit disappointed that they didn't put a little teaser towards SW8 in the display, but I thought it was a nice nod to enthusiasts to have John Wardley speaking. The other people speaking sort of reminded me of the start of Blue Horizons at SeaWorld Orlando. Overall it looks like a nice show and much better than 2016's show, which I wasn't a fan of at all.

I purchased the £5 prebook but changed my mind going. Looking at this years video glad i never went it really does look lacking in the story. The memories one with each coaster was my favourite from recent years. For 2018 would love to see a huge wicker man (thats if it is that) stuck in the middle of lake and set alight with some of the old days Alton Towers magic.

Quick thoughts on fireworks

+ The Park was very well prepared, plenty of staff in good outlets, rides running well.
+ Good buzz on park.
+ Lighting and lasers where much better
+ Some better fireworks than previous years.
+ decent selection of music

- Another “isn’t Alton Towers amazing” story, they need to stop treating the fireworks as a marketing gimmick.
- The show was clunky, the speaking was way too much.
- Lots of dead spots in the show

It wasn’t the worst show ever but it didn’t achieve much either.

Fireworks themselves looked great (from the video) but the speaking? Is sounded like a closing down show with people sharing their memories.

The fireworks were great as usual and had clearly been worked very hard on but the storyline was absolutely appaling! What the hell were they thinking!?!? It was beyond shocking. That is the sort of idea that gets rejected at the first brainstorm.

It's the kind of self-indulgent nonsense the marketing team were probably wetting themselves over when the idea was brought up.

Looking at videos I can't help but cringe. The pyro and lighting is great as usual though, well timed as always and Jubilee have done a great job.

One more positive thing I can say, and this is credit to Jubilee not Towers, is that it's nice to see the return of super large aerial shells - a few around the start and the big 3 right at the end after the music. Probably 10" or 12". Very few display sites around the country have the space to use such effects safely.

I know there has been some changes to regulations on large shells over the past year but the problem at Towers was always the noise. There was a restriction a few years back that limited them to around 6" shells, so it's fantastic that Jubilee have found a way to use the larger sizes again.

It's probably been at least a decade since these huge effects were used over Towers.

One more positive thing I can say, and this is credit to Jubilee not Towers, is that it's nice to see the return of super large aerial shells - a few around the start and the big 3 right at the end after the music. Probably 10" or 12". Very few display sites around the country have the space to use such effects safely.

I know there has been some changes to regulations on large shells over the past year but the problem at Towers was always the noise. There was a restriction a few years back that limited them to around 6" shells, so it's fantastic that Jubilee have found a way to use the larger sizes again.

It's probably been at least a decade since these huge effects were used over Towers.

You are very knowledgeable!

I did notice some huge fireworks going off, and now I know what they are :)

I thought some of you guys were being cruel about this year's event when I watched on you tube. However we've had a fireworks fest on you tube and oh my the events of the past! 2015 good and the smiler themed one amazing

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

The main good thing about sections without pyro is it allows the smoke to clear so you can see everything again clearly in the next section. Overall the plot felt almost identical to the memories ideas done in 2012/3/4, this is at least the third time they used memories and nostalgia as the theme. For me 2015 was best since Pop Rocket!

Pretty sure at this point the self congratulating is more for management than guests. If they feel the need to tell people who've spent a lot of money and their whole day there that it's good then they must be nervous about people thinking it isn't. When they shut up and got on with the pyro and the lights and the music though it was great.

My god what an absolute borefest. Just watched a video of it and I’m so glad I’m missing it this year.

There seems to be a little more pyro content throughout the length of the show compared to last year, probably due to saving a few grand by not having a video screen but that doesn’t make up for what is the most unimaginative show since the days of the pop-mashup-ear-rape years.

Call themselves a “theme” park. Whatever.

Jubilee’s choreography and choice of product were spot on as usual however.
It wasn't the best show ever but frankly your views are so unbelievably sledgehammer.

I'm sure all the lighting designers, creative folks etc. will take much from your constructive criticism.

You weren't even on park and feel licensed to slag it off whilst somehow licking the boots of Jubilee themselves.

Weird. I hope you stay at home next year, too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk