• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2017

Well, quite. From what I think I can decipher, it's just the Hospitality Suite that's open until 10pm, with the ride queues shutting at 9pm.

Yeah, I guess it's no different for other park guests though as the monorail and Towers Trading is open an hour after ride close? Unless they stopped doing that now.

For those wondering, prices:

Including entry ticket
Adult (12+) £94.50
Child (3-11) £76.00

Excluding entry ticket
Adult (12+) £62.50
Child (3-11) £48.50

Alton Towers have, and are, limiting park capacity on Saturday and Sunday.

Over recent years, they have lost ride capacity, food/beverage capacity and car park spaces.

The reason they scrapped Friday is because they made a loss, sadly. I used to like Friday, too.

Where have they lost car park capacity though? I was trying to think of this and the only space I can relate to which has been lost is where the golf is?

I'm pretty sure it was an overflow often used at Fireworks, yeah.

Actually come to think of it yes I think your right.

So, let me get this right. They have reduced the number of parking spaces this reducing the capacity of the park..... And then reduced the number of days from 3 to 2?

Yeah makes perfect sense lol

The reason they made all these changes, rightly or wrongly, is because the park lost 1m guests post-Smiler.

Fireworks isn't typically a money maker. It's more a prestige event.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

guess I'm stood with the rest of the unwashed on the grassy knoll :eek:
Aoxk8jZ.png

Best take a note of that for next year, and I think it's a genuine sellout rather than a withdrawn from sale since I booked our similar Legoland tickets the morning of the event last week.

Well... Saturday is now sold out according to the Alton Towers Website:

fireworks-logo.png

On pre-booked tickets it now says:

"Please be advised our fireworks spectacular has sold out for Saturday 4th November. Please do not travel to the Resort unless you have a pre-booked ticket as you will be refused entry. "

Although can still buy them...

They did this last year, on the Saturday whilst they were turning people away at the gates, you could still buy tickets online to get in. Exactly what some of our party did.