• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2021

Any thoughts on whether the gardens will still be illuminated during Fireworks weekend? Seems a no brainer to me to keep it going through the final weekend, but the event write-up doesn't mention anything about it. Is it just a Scarefest thing?
I think it was originally just a scarefest thing however I think they plan to use it at christmas? if so I suspect they'll just keep it running during fireworks. I see no reason for them to turn it off although I maybe wrong.

If they have more prep to do for Lightopia at the end of November, the Gardens could very well be closed off in order for this to be carried out.

Possibly worth asking the resort themselves (highly doubtful the social media teams will know), but I can see it being a strong possibility.

I think it was originally just a scarefest thing however I think they plan to use it at christmas? if so I suspect they'll just keep it running during fireworks. I see no reason for them to turn it off although I maybe wrong.

The Christmas one is a separate light event organised by an external company, Lightopia. They might re-use some of the lights, but I expect Lightopia will mainly bring their own.
Therefore the availability of the current one for Fireworks probably depends on how much set up time Lightopia needs.

Are the gardens in a fireworks fall out zone? If so the time period between it getting dark and the time they will need to clear the area of guests before the show might be too tight to warrant having the lights on and keeping them open after dark.

Are the gardens in a fireworks fall out zone? If so the time period between it getting dark and the time they will need to clear the area of guests before the show might be too tight to warrant having the lights on and keeping them open after dark.
Yes, Jubilee usually stage fireworks along the stone "bridge" between the lake and the gardens. The closure to guests is at the corner of Battle Galleons and is usually one-way from about 5.30 (for exit from Dark Forest and the Towers) and then fully closed from about 6pm. So I expect you are right its not worth opening the walk when there is only about an hour of darkness (sunset at 4.30) before they are closed again for the fireworks.

Yes, Jubilee usually stage fireworks along the stone "bridge" between the lake and the gardens. The closure to guests is at the corner of Battle Galleons and is usually one-way from about 5.30 (for exit from Dark Forest and the Towers) and then fully closed from about 6pm. So I expect you are right its not worth opening the walk when there is only about an hour of darkness (sunset at 4.30) before they are closed again for the fireworks.

Ah that's a pity, but actually that makes perfect sense! Thanks everyone!

Does anyone else fear this may yet get cancelled! What with rising Covid-19 cases across the country and other major events such as Manchesters fireworks and even Londons New Years displays already cancelled!

Does anyone else fear this may yet get cancelled! What with rising Covid-19 cases across the country and other major events such as Manchesters fireworks and even Londons New Years displays already cancelled!

What's the big difference between those free public events and this ticketed profit making one I wonder?

Unless the law changes and we go back to limiting congregation of people, and there's no real sign of that currently, it'll go ahead.

If it was in a month, maybe, but I don't think we'll go to such major restrictions in a short space of time. Being ticketed does make a difference in terms of viability as the numbers can be carefully controlled unlike mass public displays that may not go ahead.

I think it's inevitable there'll be some sort of restrictions this winter though. First is likely to be mandatory mask wearing and WFH and it will go from there.

I’ll be there on 6th November and I’m going to go with the mindset of having 4-6 rides and mainly soaking up the atmosphere. A few beers over a relaxed lunch and then settle in for the Fireworks. I’m expecting a capacity crowd but I’ve had a couple of visits already this year where I’ve focussed on ride count.

I’ll be there on the 7th. Hope to get a few rides in, including the usual last guest train on Nemesis. Though to be fair, I’ll likely be spending most of the day in the Welcom-Inn. :p
Sounds like a plan! To be fair it’s been years since I was last there for fireworks due to work and moving from Uttoxeter to Devon but I just couldn't miss their 40th anniversary display!

On another note, has anyone ever managed to find a video anywhere of the millennium display? I was there as a kid and I seem to remember confetti fireworks that followed guide wires above and over the crowd ?

I'll be there on Friday 5th and Sunday 7th for my first ever AT Fireworks; really looking forward to it! Sounds like the 40th Anniversary show is going to be really good. And it will be my first time doing night-rides as well. Bit concerned about ride availability with everything that's going on but helps to have the two days to try and get on everything at least once. And if it's a bust, well there is always the tavern!

I'll be there on Friday 5th and Sunday 7th for my first ever AT Fireworks; really looking forward to it! Sounds like the 40th Anniversary show is going to be really good. And it will be my first time doing night-rides as well. Bit concerned about ride availability with everything that's going on but helps to have the two days to try and get on everything at least once. And if it's a bust, well there is always the tavern!
It’s an amazing atmosphere but it gets heaving as the day goes on. It’s not a day to maximise ride count by any means, which I can understand why people who only go once a year for the fireworks might get annoyed. A few rides, a long boozy lunch and by far the best theatrical display of fireworks in the country. Bliss.

First ever visit to Fireworks this year on the 6th. Any tips on where is the best place to get the best view of the show from? And around what time should we look at setting up camp for the show? Thanks! Super excited

First ever visit to Fireworks this year on the 6th. Any tips on where is the best place to get the best view of the show from? And around what time should we look at setting up camp for the show? Thanks! Super excited
I prefer the middle of the lawns to get the full impact from the music and atmosphere. Just don’t get too close to the front though because you’ll get neck and ear ache!

As for time to arrive, it starts filling up from 6pm and from 6:30pm it’s pretty busy.

I also prefer roughly the middle of the lawns. It slopes down towards the lake so you can usually find a spot where you can see enough over the heads in front and still feel close and in the action.
Just be aware it may be muddy if it’s been wet weather in the few days before. Also if it is muddy then the paved areas at the bottom of Towers St can be chaos because people won’t want to get onto the lawns, but obviously there isn’t enough room for everyone at the bottom of Towers street!

We would usually start walking onto the lawns about 6.30 to get in a spot for 6.45. Don’t leave it any later than this, you want to be settled in a space by about five to seven ready for the lights to go out.

Do rides/areas shut during the fireworks? If so from what time and how is that managed