• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2021

Do rides/areas shut during the fireworks? If so from what time and how is that managed
Yes, in general X Sector, The Towers, Dark Forest, and David Walliams shut from 6:30 until the fireworks are over and the areas are checked for debris.
Remember that the Gardens, Congo River Rapids, Sky Ride and Battle Galleons close at Dusk and Cbeebies Land and some other children's rides close at 7pm

Yes, in general X Sector, The Towers, Dark Forest, and David Walliams shut from 6:30 until the fireworks are over and the areas are checked for debris.
Remember that the Gardens, Congo River Rapids, Sky Ride and Battle Galleons close at Dusk and Cbeebies Land and some other children's rides close at 7pm
I think they close ride areas earlier than that so they can be sure everyone's out of the fallout zones. Can't remember the exact times, though.

They close the rides in the fallout zones so that everyone is off them by 6:30 at the latest. So if Oblivion has a 1 hour queue they’ll close it at 5:30 etc. In 2019 we got into a 2 hour Smiler queue at 4:30 and they closed the queue 5 mins behind us.

I not been to a fireworks event since 2011 but they usually reopen the path ways half hour after the fireworks have finished so with the crowds you got to be looking at getting in the queues from 8pm.

Yep they get everyone in front of the lake from 6.30pm, only RMT, Nemesis, Air and Duel are really still operating while the fireworks are on. All other rides will close and have guests out the area by 6.30.
After the display (so about 7.30) they will check for debris and fires and re-open X Sector & Dark Forest once safe to do so, usually around 7.45 or 8pm.
Most guests leave via the Glactica gates so the paths out near Wickerman will be busy with everyone either leaving to drive home or heading back to ride the rides which didn’t close during the display.

Wicker Man is still open during Fireworks as well isn't it? Everything from Wicker Man backwards operates throughout the display.

Wicker Man is still open during Fireworks as well isn't it? Everything from Wicker Man backwards operates throughout the display.

Yes, Mutiny Bay, Katanga, Gloomy Wood and FV remain open all the way through til 9pm. X-Sector, DF, Spinball and TWODW close before the show and reopen afterwards.

CBeebies does stay open until 9pm usually at Fireworks. It’s Scarefest when they close it at 7pm.

Not seen it in this thread (and not looked on others) but Saturday is sold out for non-passholders according to the ticketing website. Friday just non-passholders and passholders available and Sunday everything is still available.

I realise nobody has a crystal ball, but at a guess are we expecting Sunday to sell out this year?

Also does anyone know if Fireworks has historically attracted the wrong "Sunday crowd"?

Last edited:
I realise nobody has a crystal ball, but at a guess are we expecting Sunday to sell out this year?

Also does anyone know if Fireworks has historically attracted the wrong "Sunday crowd"?

It's hard to say, traditionally it has only been the Saturday of fireworks that has sold out but with reduced capacities this year then I would imagine a Sunday sell out is likely.

The Sunday of fireworks has always been fine on park on the many occasions I have been there.

I guess part of the issue could be that the lawns have been used for event space for quite a chunk of the year. Though if the events were moved elsewhere on park, I'm struggling to work out where they'd go that would still have sufficient space, plus it wouldn't have the lovely view of the Towers.

The rain over the last few days during a time when there will be have been heavy duty vehicles on the lawns to aid with set up won't have helped matters either.

It's hard to say, traditionally it has only been the Saturday of fireworks that has sold out but with reduced capacities this year then I would imagine a Sunday sell out is likely.
I wonder if the reduced capacity is being balanced out by the £20 pre-book for most passholders.