• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2023 šŸŽ†

A couple of questions on the fireworks.

Do rides stay open while they are on and are they done at the end of the night or is there time to ride after they finish.

Also where is the best place to stand
The display starts at 7 and is finished by 7.30 so at most you'll have 1Ā½ hours riding time if you can get off the lawns quickly!

The display starts at 7 and is finished by 7.30 so at most you'll have 1Ā½ hours riding time if you can get off the lawns quickly!
Although it can take at least 15 minutes to get X Sector and Dark Forest open again, those areas don't re-open til 7.45pm at the earliest. But getting to Forbidden Valley is hard as you get stuck in the crowds heading to the car park. Therefore realistically its hard to get on a ride before 7.45pm if you've watched the fireworks.

Also X Sector and Dark Forest close down by 5.30pm so that everyone is out of the queue and off the rides before 6.30pm so the firework area is clear, but it therefore is possible to get a few dark rides in on select rides before the fireworks.

ā€˜Big Bangā€™ tickets are now available to book.

Ā£170 including park entry or Ā£145 without.

Scroll down:

How much was this in previous years? Feels like itā€™s gone up a hell of a lot for no better offerā€¦

Sounds familiar.

How much was this in previous years? Feels like itā€™s gone up a hell of a lot for no better offerā€¦

Sounds familiar.
I think it was Ā£150 / Ā£130 last year

Is it bad value when they're giving you this?

Gold fasttrack - Ā£90
Digital photos - Ā£20
2 drinks vouchers worth about Ā£10?
Poncho - Ā£7-Ā£8?
Car park - Ā£7
Unlimited refreshments in the Hospitality Suite for 10 hours
Two course buffet
Soup and roll

So just the bits I've priced comes to about Ā£135 worth of things. While you could argue that they could give you better things for what they're charging (eg platinum fasttrack and drop the photos, or throw in a Fireworks hoodie or hat etc), what they are giving you does seem reasonable for the price.

Serious question, and I can't seem to find an answer anywhere, but what happens to the resident animals during fireworks at Towers? I am, of course, mostly concerned about what happens to my fellow geese (the handsome greylag in my profile pic was taken at Towers), but I'll take answers about the other animals too. Obviously there's a lot of natural habitat and I'm sure permission from the council is contingent on it not proving too much of an impact on the natural wildlife, so I feel like there must be a plan somewhere. Do they get rounded up before the display and housed somewhere warm and comfy until the noise has stopped? Or is it like the wester front out there and it's each water fowl for themselves?

Serious question, and I can't seem to find an answer anywhere, but what happens to the resident animals during fireworks at Towers? I am, of course, mostly concerned about what happens to my fellow geese (the handsome greylag in my profile pic was taken at Towers), but I'll take answers about the other animals too. Obviously there's a lot of natural habitat and I'm sure permission from the council is contingent on it not proving too much of an impact on the natural wildlife, so I feel like there must be a plan somewhere. Do they get rounded up before the display and housed somewhere warm and comfy until the noise has stopped? Or is it like the wester front out there and it's each water fowl for themselves?
The animals aren't resident. Alton Towers don't run a farm any longer, the geese are wild and free to go wherever they wish. Its exactly the same as any other place putting on a display in parkland across the country.

The animals aren't resident. Alton Towers don't run a farm any longer, the geese are wild and free to go wherever they wish. Its exactly the same as any other place putting on a display in parkland across the country.
Although you're more than likely right, this isn't quite the answer I was hoping for. Thank you for answering though!

I may have to FOI Staffordshire Moorlands at some point to ask about an environmental impact statement for fireworks, I'm sure a more enticing answer will lay in there (or it will will inevitably mimic what you've suggested). I've tried asking the geese themselves, they just honk at me.

I've often wondered this myself. If they did round them up I'm sure a vlogger would've caught that on film at some point. But it can't cause them much distress I guess considering they're always back every season and along with their young. And as your fellow geese will probably tell you, they're used to noise and people what with all the events going on all the time. I guess the lure of free food every day for half the year is too great for them to flee and never come back!

Although you're more than likely right, this isn't quite the answer I was hoping for. Thank you for answering though!

I may have to FOI Staffordshire Moorlands at some point to ask about an environmental impact statement for fireworks, I'm sure a more enticing answer will lay in there (or it will will inevitably mimic what you've suggested). I've tried asking the geese themselves, they just honk at me.
If the fireworks are cancelled we know who to blame. ;)

Hello all,
Just noticed that all the fast track packages for fireworks weekend are sold out.
Does anyone know if the single shot fast passes will be available for the weekend?
Iā€™ve had a quick look on the app and single shots appear to be available for today and the next two days - is this normal or are these sold out all month?!

Many thanks.

Hello all,
Just noticed that all the fast track packages for fireworks weekend are sold out.
Does anyone know if the single shot fast passes will be available for the weekend?
Iā€™ve had a quick look on the app and single shots appear to be available for today and the next two days - is this normal or are these sold out all month?!

Many thanks.

Thatā€™s normal. They are only released a few days ahead for the solo ones.

Has construction started for fireworks yet? Iā€™m a massive tech geek so love all the pictures of the set up.

Taking my parents this year, they havenā€™t been to towers for about 15 years so Iā€™m really looking forward to showing them around.