• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2023 🎆

I cocked up buying fireworkds tickets, I bought 2 tickets for the 1st instead of the 3rd (my fault, forgot to change the date) and I can't swap for a fireworks date since the 1st is a normal day so had to buy a new set of tickets.

Would towers let me refund the first set or have I basically just wasted my money on tickets we can't use?
If it was a genuine mistake then I would get in touch with Customer Service asap and they may agree to refund them.

i think all support lines are closed for today, i tried but all i get is the stupid ai support
Think it's usually 10-4 or something like that. Remember for the live chat you need to type "real human" first. Hope you get it sorted mate!

i could but still that's me spending ÂŁ54 on tickets not for me, that's money i could have done without spending

Just go to your bank, explain the error and get them to issue you with a chargeback. The fact Alton Towers say they are non refundable shouldn't shop you getting your money back not if its unreasonable, in which case I would argue this is.

Last edited:
Just go to your bank, explain the error and them to issue you with a chargeback. The fact Alton Towers say they are non refundable shouldn't shop you getting your money back not if its unreasonable, in which case I would argue this is.
Also if you used a credit card, instead of a debit card, you can ask your provider to cancel the transaction too without penalty. It's then up to Towers to take issue with your credit card provider. This level of protection isn't there with debit card. As other have said though, customer support in the morning. They're usually pretty good with this sort of thing. Mistakes happen all of the time.

Also if you used a credit card, instead of a debit card, you can ask your provider to cancel the transaction too without penalty. It's then up to Towers to take issue with your credit card provider. This level of protection isn't there with debit card. As other have said though, customer support in the morning. They're usually pretty good with this sort of thing. Mistakes happen all of the time.

That's a good point actually. More reasons to use my credit card. Charge backs have never been an issue with my debit card but I'm guessing you get more buyer protection on your credit card.

According to Towers Times Facebook post from today, pontoons have been installed on the lake. Could this potentially mean water projections for this year? The trusses which have been erected, of which there are many, are different from the previous two years in that they aren’t big enough to support screens, so could water projection be this year’s surprise element? It’s a push to say it’s a never before seen addition because I’m sure the displays in the 90s featured water projections from what I remember.

Picture credit: TT Facebook.

IMG_1137.jpeg

The consumer credit act section 75 claim only comes into effect over ÂŁ100, below that you have the same chargeback scheme as with a debit card.

Just go to your bank, explain the error and get them to issue you with a chargeback. The fact Alton Towers say they are non refundable shouldn't shop you getting your money back not if its unreasonable, in which case I would argue this is.
That's a good point actually. More reasons to use my credit card. Charge backs have never been an issue with my debit card but I'm guessing you get more buyer protection on your credit card.
I cannot stress enough how much you should not do either of these. For one, a chargeback is only applicable when have not received the goods or services you've paid for. In this case you have, but it was your own unfortunate error that resulted in the wrong dates being booked. It's the same for Section 75 credit card claims - you have to have not received the goods/services you've paid for under the contract you agreed to. Alton's contractual terms state that tickets are non refundable, they've upheld their obligation to provide you with the tickets which you paid for and received.

Alton Towers would simply dispute the chargeback, prove that you've received the tickets and you wouldn't get your money back. They'd also be perfectly within their rights to block all future transactions from you because of the previous improper chargeback.

Get in touch with Alton Towers, explain the situation and ask if you're able to change the date. They may take some time to get back to you, but that's the best course of action for you to take.

Last edited:
According to Towers Times Facebook post from today, pontoons have been installed on the lake. Could this potentially mean water projections for this year? The trusses which have been erected, of which there are many, are different from the previous two years in that they aren’t big enough to support screens, so could water projection be this year’s surprise element? It’s a push to say it’s a never before seen addition because I’m sure the displays in the 90s featured water projections from what I remember.

IMG_1137.jpeg

There was one for the Xmas event so maybe doesn’t count

The setup looks good, last day of the season is always a great atmosphere. Gutted I can't make it up there this year as my cars playing up. I have 2 tickets for sunday 5th November.

IMG_1137.jpeg
The 2014 display also featured water projection - though nothing on the scale of World of Colour at DCA for example. Would be a nice return if scaled up a little!

Weather is looking quite windy the weekend. Wonder if this could impact the drone display.
If there are any this year - looking at the NOTAMs for the area for this weekend there is no mention of drones around Alton like there was last year, just about lasers and lights:

1698661220456.png
(although this was only added today, so maybe more info could be added as we get closer to Friday?)

Saturday is sold out. In a bit of a pickle as our non-passholder friend bought a ticket for Saturday last night and now I’ve gone to pre-book today and they’re fully booked. I’m sure last year they added more slots for the Saturday didn’t they? Any chance of that happening again this year?