• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

Didn't hero cost more than a megalite would? why buy Zamperlas and vekomas when you can afford intamins and Macks? (Saying that the haven't got much vekoma stuff recently, possibly because they're now building decent coasters..)

Didn't hero cost more than a megalite would? why buy Zamperlas and vekomas when you can afford intamins and Macks? (Saying that the haven't got much vekoma stuff recently, possibly because they're now building decent coasters..)
Hero cost A LOT less than a mega lite...

Checked,
Hero was 8 million, the normal megalite is 10-12 million. Even though megalites are more expensive they could afford it, and some RMCs are under 10 million as far as I'm aware. They could be a great park, but they choose zamperla over any other manufacturers. The owner knows the coasters are poor as well.

After riding Mumbo Jumbo, it's alleged he said "That was a waste of £4? Million, yet bought a volare.

Hero cost £8 million? Surely not! That is an obscene amount for such a ride. They could have built something pretty decent with that money.

:)

To be fair I've had a look and Flamingo Land's website does state that Hero represented an £8 million investment. I still find that very hard to believe though.

:)

I bet they included the Dino area they also added in the same year, all the marketing costs for ride for a season or two and then inflated the price a bit so looks better in the marketing, something a number of British parks seem to do!

Problem at Flamingo Land is that they are successful with the GP anyway, and it's only really the enthusiasts bothered about the quality of rides, apart from Hero, I've heard people ranting on about how they could sue because they almost broke their shoulders :p

I'm off to Flamingo land tomorrow, for the first time in 37 years ( I was 8).

Be interesting to visit a non Merlin park for a change.

I'll let you know what I think...

On a quiet day, if you can get nicely "merry" with friends, it is just about possible to have a good time at FL. But it needs to be so dead that all rides are walk on, and you need a lot of beer. ;)

I've not done many parks so currently Flamingo land is being very appealing to me. I would love to try an slc, a booster bike and dare I say A Zamperla 'flying' coaster!

I've not done many parks so currently Flamingo land is being very appealing to me. I would love to try an slc, a booster bike and dare I say A Zamperla 'flying' coaster!
Bless. I'll be sure to send you flowers when you're in hospital. ;)

Reactions: Dar