• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

Re: flamingo land

I maintain that his sister took him for a ride for years before their fall out and took Pleasure Island, which is MINTED, leaving him with Dingoland.

flamingo land

Minted? The park barely has a penny to scratch its arse with. I suspect it won't be around for much longer. It's already in the midst of its worst season since opening, and that's on the back of two very poor seasons before that. It's a sinking ship.

Flamingo Land have just had to cut their cloth accordingly, but they still run a very profitable operation. Gordon isn't short of a few bob.

To be fair, Flamingo Land is in an undoubtedly superior financial position than Pleasure Island.

I meant purely experience based. I entered Dingo and felt an immediate sense of depression. I entered Pleasure Island and felt..happy.

I enjoyed my day at PI but at Dingo I hated every moment. Apart from the dark ride, which shows some promise.

Dark ride? You mean that crappy sideways ghost train that sticks of farts?

I wondered that...?

The dark ride is absolutely pants. It offers nothing and the layout is too rubbish to do anything with.

They need to knock down those crappy amusements near the Diner/Cliffhanger/Back of Wild Mouse and make a dark ride there. I think a nice maritime one could work nice.

Little Monsters: Den of Mischief? I admittedly have a soft spot for it just because of how ridiculously bad it is. It had me in fits of laughter the entire time (With Bear as my witness) plus with the location being in the nicer part of the park, it's one of the pros of visiting Flamingo Land for me next to Cliffhanger and the Zoo border Lost River Ride. Sadly not one to drag me all the way back but what do you expect to hear from a resident dark ride aficionado? :p

The exterior music is terribly catchy...

What's that? Theming that isn't a thatched roof?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_9QZdn1f4Y&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Oh, the joys of embedded video.

This too:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SlECKCH7W0[/youtube]

I have to say, it looks really ugly and out of place. The ride itself looks very fairground. Not very impressed.

Photos from UKRides.info

428394_4328124571743_351095372_n.jpg

534879_4328131651920_283657194_n.jpg

528953_4328132531942_765227068_n.jpg

Oh dear...

flamingo land

They still managed to fit in some thatching then!

What a waste of space and height. ???

It looks really ugly with all that concrete and half hearted theming. Not impressed. :(

I'm genuinely trying to think of a proper response, and all that I could come up with was an honest, hearty...

LOL!

I wonder if they're thinking about cutting their losses and buying one of the old Schwarzkopfs back? :D

Re: Flamingo Land

I don't think the theming is that bad actually - what i'm certainly not impressed with is the marketing/PR they've used. Or rather the lack of it.

If I wasn't an enthusiast, there's no way at all I would have heard of this. Flamingoland really do need to sort out their prioritisations!