• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

You'd be done by lunchtime as they don't really have any rides you'd want to go on more than once. Nobody's asking for 1000+/hr but a couple of coasters that are at least capable of getting 500 would be a good start.

The annoying thing is that's it's mostly down to the park - Mumbo Jumbo was designed to dual-load, Kumali had 2 trains at one point and Hero needs to have more than 1 car in the station to benefit from rolling loading. Velocity is the only one of the major coasters that was at least designed to have terrible throughput rather than it just being down to the park.

That said, based on my visit last year I'd say the park felt a much better day out than on my previous visit in 2013, but I'd still hate to visit if it was even vaguely busy.

I wonder why no roller coaster site covers these news stories... because it's how the ride is supposed to operate!

Okay it's interesting when a train valleys or gets stuck upside down (which did happen on Mumbo Jumbo) but these articles are just tedious.

Regardless thanks for sharing!

It's all about hits these days and lift hill stoppages make for popular articles on mainstream media.

Sorry to bump the thread, but there is now a rumour going around regarding Flamingo Land's next roller coaster that was started on Ride Rater (http://riderater.co.uk/rumours/), although there are also others talking about this news.

The rumour is a bit of a strange one, actually; Flamingo Land are rumoured to have purchased a 10-inversion Colossus clone manufactured by Intamin to open in July. Now, I'm not initially sure whether Flamingo Land could afford a brand new one of these, however there is apparently one going spare that was initially ordered for Hopi Hari in Brazil and is now in Malaysia, so they could potentially be going for that.

What are you guys' thoughts on this rumour? I personally think it would be a very exciting addition to Flamingo Land, especially if it is the newer revision with lap bars and an edited first drop!

Really not confident on that rumour if I'm honest, but if it even has an inkling of truth then good on them. It would have to be the lap bar version which means that Flamingo Land would actually have a better coaster than Thorpe... (Flying Fish aside, obvs).

The rumour seems to have originated from Ride Rater (hardly the most reliable of sources as far as I'm concerned) and details seem very vague. So for that reason I am somewhat sceptical.

However it would no doubt be a great addition for Flamingo Land!

It depends what you count as news and rumour. Flamingo Land did genuinely get a wooden coaster designed, but sadly the project was cancelled. It's the same as Thorpe Park planning a GCI for where Saw ended up or Alton Towers seriously considering several woodies. It was also reported in mainstream media that Adventure Island seriously considered a wooden coaster crossing the pier, but there were planning issues around it. Flamingo Land did get the woodie designed and plans were released. I know it was covered by the European Coaster Club in First Drop and I think they may have been the ones to publish the plans. I also seem to remember hearing one of the senior management team at Flamingo Land talking about it (I think his name was Nick Buckley, but not certain on that one). But the park's management did definitely share genuine designs. It was a legitimate news story, but unfortunately a lot of projects are planned for parks that never happen.

As for the ten looper it sounds unlikely, but Flamingo Land is due a major ride and Walygator in France suddenly surprised us with a B&M. This isn't any less likely (although I'd rather have a B&M).

If this is true then 2019 has just got a whole lot more interesting. Otherwise it's pretty much just the Haunted House ride at Legoland (plus some fairly small scale stuff like the flat ride at Adventure Island, the Alton Towers Dungeons and Room on a Broom).

A Colossus clone is a lot bigger than a Vekoma Corkscrew, it wouldn't fit there without some major changes to the area.

This would be amazing for 'Mingo - if true. I'm highly sceptical

After riding Colossus and its clone, on both occasions I enjoyed the inversions but the ride quality was poor (Colossus was worse than 10-Inversion).

I am certainly eager to try a brand new one (with new trains). I don't think it's the best choice but if this gets built I'm not complaining!

A Colossus clone is a lot bigger than a Vekoma Corkscrew, it wouldn't fit there without some major changes to the area.

This would be amazing for 'Mingo - if true. I'm highly sceptical
Apparently they have also moved some rides close to where Corkscrew used to sit to an area near the park entrance; take from that what you will...

Update for you all; according to Coaster Chall YouTube on CoasterForce Forum, construction has already begun. Here's what he had to say:
Coaster Chall YouTube on CoasterForce Forum said:
I am definitely excited for this if its true! Someone replied on my Insta about this and they said that footers are already going up and construction has started and the children's rides that are in the way of the development have been relocated to their new locations, which we don't know where abouts they are relocated to in the park as of yet. It's looking very likely!
If construction has started as implied above; that certainly slipped under everyone's radar! This sort of thing spreads like wildfire normally, so it would certainly be quite surprising if Flamingoland have managed to keep this a secret for so long!