• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

You forget how small the place is until you see that image

Makes you appreciate the Beautiful setting of Towers too. Flamingo Land really is a bit of an eye sore.

When you get to a certain age you start to care about more than just the rides.

Makes you appreciate the Beautiful setting of Towers too. Flamingo Land really is a bit of an eye sore.

When you get to a certain age you start to care about more than just the rides.
Jeez, if Flamingo Land is an "eye sore" in 2019, I am not sure what it was 20 years ago. In all my years visiting parks, I can't think of a bigger transformation. Thorpe & Paultons, possibly - but Flamingo Land is unrecognisable.

Jeez, if Flamingo Land is an "eye sore" in 2019, I am not sure what it was 20 years ago. In all my years visiting parks, I can't think of a bigger transformation. Thorpe & Paultons, possibly - but Flamingo Land is unrecognisable.

It's got better but it's still an ugly park to look at. Dont think the caravans help. It cheapens the whole place to me.

At least the zoo is well done, from memory

Lightwater Valley has a nicer environment IMO though Flamingo Land has the better ride selection (ignoring Ultimate)

I wish i had visited when Magnum Force and The Bullet were there. The only time i have been there, they had just opened Velocity.

I've only been twice and the first time was in 2004, just before I started liking coasters. So I never did Magnum Force or The Bullet despite seeing them both operate!

I've not been now since 2010 but will certainly be returning in 2020.

Mingo has gotten worse since they destroyed the old English village area around Cliffhanger...

Though around Kumali and River whatever it's called it does look decent enough, not amazing but at least decent looking... Zoo area is fantastic though I'll give them that...

The area from entrance to Cliffhanger just looks terrible, and this won't help the cause unfortunately... Be the best ride though at least...

Do wonder how much this cost compared to a Gerst or Mack though...

Mingo has gotten worse since they destroyed the old English village area around Cliffhanger...

Though around Kumali and River whatever it's called it does look decent enough, not amazing but at least decent looking... Zoo area is fantastic though I'll give them that...

The area from entrance to Cliffhanger just looks terrible, and this won't help the cause unfortunately... Be the best ride though at least...

Do wonder how much this cost compared to a Gerst or Mack though...
Did you try the new go-kart thing?

I wish i had visited when Magnum Force and The Bullet were there. The only time i have been there, they had just opened Velocity.

My last visit when I lived in Scarborough (about half an hour away) was late 90’s and then I didn’t go until 2007 after that (not been since), so sadly I missed Magnum Force and I think I’d have loved it.

The Bullet was awesome. Exciting to watch from the queue line, especially once you got onto the steps. Really cool the way it shot back and forth through the station. The concertina type OTSR’s were awful though and they did get pushed down pretty far. The vertical loop was ace, as was being on the front row and seeing nothing but sky in front of you after the forwards part. Proper scary and intense ride. Shame it’s not still there

Further images from the planning application:

30e8b7cc727fbe2f623b4ee58bf1079f.png
61fd5b427d24e5b5c1fc254583aed9e2.png
76c8ada7fe8d94c18ecf813aabcb6abf.png

Given it's the second gen model, it's pretty much guaranteed to have them. Hence why we're all pleasantly looking forward to this coaster :tearsofjoy:
When I rode Icon last week I was surprised how comfortable the inversions were with the lap restraints. For that reason I will probably ride this coaster. :)