• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

I actually think that it’s a shame Flamingo have moved away from the Africa theme. That 2004-2011 era was the only time in Flamingo Land’s history where I felt they actually had decent theming.

It does appear as though the park is moving away from Africa theming somewhat; Hero, their most recent thrill coaster, wasn’t Africa themed, and I remember that big go kart track they built a couple of years ago wasn’t Africa themed, either. The likes of Zoooom certainly aren’t, either.

What actually was the last Africa themed ride Flamingo Land built? I’m struggling to think of it…

In terms of the Africa theming there’s the Voodoo pirate ship from 2003, the Lost River Ride flume (2004), Kumali (2006), Mumbo Jumbo (2009). All of the rides are in one section of the park together and along with the dinosaur themed “Dino-Stone” area around the corner from it those are the two areas of the park that have a degree of consistent theming and both are fine.

The main part of the park is just a load of rides that feel like a bit of a mish mash theming wise. Velocity and Hero are near each other and are both said to be part of the Metropolis area but neither ride has any theming elements whatsoever. You’ve got the FL1 racing inspired area plonked right in the middle with kind of cuts the area in half. And there’s poor Cliffhanger sitting there alone with its coastal lighthouse theming right next to the African themed Mumbo Jumbo on one side the aforementioned Grand Prix on the other. Frankly, it’s a bit of a mess.

I was about to say..."What theming? Broken concrete with chicken wire sticking out?"
Nothing in the area sings out Africa to me.

4508772f1db9ab5d721524b613b3f1e7.jpg

06bc35ca72db7108494761a574e9bb77.jpg

f6401ad54daa784f27f2390ef311abbc.jpg

Ok, it’s no Tornado Springs but there’s definitely some theming there, I like how they use the colourful African inspired patterns on the supports of Kumali and similar patterns are repeated around the area (such as on the Lost River Ride). The soundtrack of Kumali is actually really nice I think it’s what you’d call Hi-Life music, it’s a good score.

https://youtu.be/c7is_1zZIFU

But I think that they could do with replacing the sign on Mumbo Jumbo, it feels a bit tacky, I think something carved out of wood could be a lot nicer.

The owner of the Flamingo Land Crazy Facebook group is annoyed that he hasn't been invited to the SIK launch event. 🤣

And he's thinking about cancelling his Annual Pass renewal because of that! (Let alone having the cheek to go to the press) #entitled

Last edited:
To be fair it does say they've been ignoring his emails. If you're a loyal customer and you make four attempts to contact their customer services and they don't respond, then you're certainly entitled to take your custom elsewhere. It's not clear from the article whether he contacted the paper, or whether they contacted him.

It's hard to make an informed opinion on it. On one hand, he's not the first person to criticise Flamingo Land's customer service. On the other hand we don't know how often he emailed the park. The newspaper's reached out to Flamingo Land, but they're probably not going to be in a position to explain why they've been ignoring a customer. Even if there were a legitimate reason, it wouldn't be professional to say.

Last edited:
If you email a company you are entitled to a response...
News to me.
I have had a dozen emails to companies ignored in recent months, to a considerable number of companies, large and small.
Can't get my mouse wheel chromed locally, for love or money.
Didn't go to the press about it though.

I can understand why he wasn’t invited as he states in the article he visits 20-30 times a year so he can go on the coaster many times between Sunday and the end of the season.

The guy has a season Pass and lives locally, there’s presumably nothing stopping him from going today and riding it when it opens to the public after lunchtime. He’s just throwing a strop because he wasn’t invited to the exclusive ride time before that for vloggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk