• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

There is a queue time indicator above the main entrance door, whether it'll be accurate is another thing :p

PXL_20220702_130256101.jpg

Edit: Back row POV!

This thing looks absolutely mental

Last edited:
Who was at flamingo land today? Some people including theme park insanity official and rollercoaster Rachel are saying it’s the best coaster in the U.K.. Can’t wait for theme park worldwide reaction and if it made charlotte SIk🤮

Ah yes, the kneejerk reviews to declare that anything "new" is simply the best.

Pleasure Beach could announce Valhalla is being demolished and replaced with a Zamperla Volare, and some people would still call it the best coaster in the UK.

This is absolutely not the best coaster in the UK. I don't need to ride it to see that.

People always jump on the bandwagon though, probably because they want to be one of the only ons to have ridden the "UK's best".

I'm sure having a hot take helps your tinpot vlog to reach 50 views as well

This is absolutely not the best coaster in the UK. I don't need to ride it to see that.

People always jump on the bandwagon though, probably because they want to be one of the only ons to have ridden the "UK's best".

I'm sure having a hot take helps your tinpot vlog to reach 50 views as well
Yes, but you are jumping to conclusions by claiming that "it is absolutely not the best coaster in the UK" as you haven't ridden it yet. 😉 You won't know for certain until you ride it. I doubt it'll be the UK's best (Nemmy will almost certainly always be my favourite UK coaster), but I'll find out when I ride it in few weeks. Given how much I surprisingly enjoyed Colossus, Mingo's version could quite possibly take it's number two spot, but again we'll wait and see. 🙂

Actually it’s an interesting point, where is this ride likely to end up on people’s lists of the best UK coaster?

Once you take away the crappy name, the wider issue of operations at Mingo Land, and just judge the ride on its own merits based on the ride experience then it could well figure very near the top for some people. Is it better than Icon? Swarm? The Smiler? For some people the answer will be yes to all three. Is it it better than Nemmy? Well that might be a different story but I can imagine that this ride could end up in a lot people’s UK Top 5 certainly, maybe even somewhere in the top 3. Obviously there are some people getting a bit carried away, especially if they’ve been invited to launch event and treated like a minor VIP, but it’s probably a very solid ride and it does look like a blast from the limited POVs we’ve seen. As always though, the best way to find out is to give it a ride ourselves.

Last edited:
I rode it today, loved it after first ride but knew immediately to take my own opinion with a pinch of salt with the newness bias.

It'll settle somewhere in my UK top 10, but absolutely not my top 5.

People who've ridden the one at Cinecitta World can probably judge it.

Then again considering the current quality of UK coasters it probably is the best new coaster here for a while. Which is sad.
The one at Cinecitta World rattled a lot, but that was probably because more often than not the train was going out barely 1/4 full such were the guest numbers at the park. At least it didn’t have square wheels and the restraints were much better than OTSRs.

Sad to say though, I’m in no rush to get to Mingo to ride Sik, not because of the ride itself, more that it’s Flamingo Land . 😂I look forward to seeing/reading some of the reviews over the coming days, general reception does seem quite positive though!

Let be honest though, we don’t have that many world class coasters in the UK. Saying that Sik is the best in the country isn’t exactly a massive stretch.

Internationally, much better coasters have come along since the likes of Nemesis, Oblivion and Megafobia, and whilst I didn’t prefer Altair to the rides I just listed, I can see why many people would.