• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

Maybe reserve your own judgement until you actually experience the ride in pperson.
You never know...

Nah….. I’m sticking to my guns on this one. No way is it the UK’s best coaster.

I’ll find out in August for myself - but as with everything in the Vlogging world, bold headlines get viewers…..viewers make money…..

It does look like it's good, but I refuse to believe that a run of the mill and widely cloned version of Colossus (an awful car crash of a coaster in my opinion) is THAT good. Either the new trains (let's face it, no one on earth can praise those on Colossus, so I can see why the relief of not being pinned down like you're in a WWF wrestling match can seem immediately appealing) change the game entirely, the UK coaster scene is in a dire shape, Vloggers have been so wined and dined it's gone to their heads - OR - a mixture of all 3 is at play here.

It does look like it's good, but I refuse to believe that a run of the mill and widely cloned version of Colossus (an awful car crash of a coaster in my opinion) is THAT good. Either the new trains (let's face it, no one on earth can praise those on Colossus, so I can see why the relief of not being pinned down like you're in a WWF wrestling match can seem immediately appealing) change the game entirely, the UK coaster scene is in a dire shape, Vloggers have been so wined and dined it's gone to their heads - OR - a mixture of all 3 is at play here.
The main problem with Colossus is the trains, or rather the restraints are the problem. The layout isn't bad, if it had the newer more spacious and less crammed in (albeit less capacity) trains, the head banging would be gone. Not sure if there is any differences in dimensions of Colossus' and the Rev B track types, whether the newer trains would be able to be used on Colossus (would mean reconfiguring the station at least).

Sik certainly looks like an improvement, the cable lift and re-profiled drop looks like it gives it much better pacing than Colossus, certainly seems to take those heartline rolls quicker. I'll be trying it out later this week, and from what i've seen so far i'm sure it will break into my top 10 UK coasters, not sure if i'm expecting it to be as high as some have said, but you never know.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic — Call me naïve, but I sort of hold Shawn’s (TPW) opinion to a decent regard, on account of his breadth of knowledge and experience to compare to if nothing else.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t entertain social media influencers, but I don’t think Shawn is really in that category. At best, he just wants to influence people to spend their money at parks to give them funds to invest and grow.

Slightly off topic — Call me naïve, but I sort of hold Shawn’s (TPW) opinion to a decent regard, on account of his breadth of knowledge and experience to compare to if nothing else.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t entertain social media influencers, but I don’t think Shawn is really in that category. At best, he just wants to influence people to spend their money at parks to give them funds to invest and grow.
It's all about personal preference.
Look at someone's reviews of coasters/rides that you have experienced and if their opinions on those align with your own then chances are if they say something is good you will probably enjoy it. Although if you do let that person's opinion help you decide whether or not you should try it for yourself, then they have definitely influenced you.

But, bare in mind, "influencers" with large followings do get freebies and perks from parks especially if they say positive things regarding those parks, if people are moaning and complaining about everything in their vlogs, they're probably not going to get many press event invites (Coaster Crazy not being invited to Sik's is probably a prime example of this). The more positive things they say, the more freebies and perks come their way. It's basically free advertising for them.

Last edited:
This has a different first drop than Collosus doesnt it? I wonder how this new generation coaster compares to Collosus in terms of how smooth it is.

Last edited:
This has a different first drop than Collosus doesnt it? I wonder how the new lee generation coaster compares to Collosus in terms of how smooth it is.
That is correct!

Inversion-Painting-Completed.jpg

1657124893377.jpeg

Will it be heaving with School trips next week does anyone know? Thinking of going but I won't if it's crawling with kids.

Will it be heaving with School trips next week does anyone know? Thinking of going but I won't if it's crawling with kids.
Yeah I'm going the week after and am hoping it won't be too busy. Apparently it's mainly local schools that go to Mingo, so hopefully there won't be too many.

Is there any way to get live que times for FL? The app only works when you're at the park.

We're due to go in a couple of weeks and trying to gauge if Friday or Saturday visit would be better.

Is there any way to get live que times for FL? The app only works when you're at the park.

We're due to go in a couple of weeks and trying to gauge if Friday or Saturday visit would be better.
I had no idea there was an app for Mingo, where is it available? Friday in two weeks may be quieter as that is the last day of term, and I don't think schools do trips on the last day.

I had no idea there was an app for Mingo, where is it available? Friday in two weeks may be quieter as that is the last day of term, and I don't think schools do trips on the last day.
The app was on Google Play Store for Andriod users, not the best app wants to enable push notifications before you can use it, also doesn't function well if location is not enabled. Sure it works alright when actually at the park though.

Was looking at Friday 22nd not sure when the kids break up in Yorkshire way, I know Leicester kids finish tomorrow.

The app was on Google Play Store for Andriod users, not the best app wants to enable push notifications before you can use it, also doesn't function well if location is not enabled. Sure it works alright when actually at the park though.

Was looking at Friday 22nd not sure when the kids break up in Yorkshire way, I know Leicester kids finish tomorrow.
It's the 22nd for Yorkshire!