• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

That's a bonus then, never done FL so just hoping to get the coasters done.

Unsure about Hero, Can't be that bad....can it?

Itā€™s crap and it often gets quite a long queue. If you see it and itā€™s near walk on then maybe go ahead and do it just once for the novelty of experiencing how bizarre the ride system is on a Zamperla Volare. But if you have any kind of issues with your back or neck then honestly Iā€™d skip it, it slams you about a fair bit whilst it are laying down in the prone position.

That's a bonus then, never done FL so just hoping to get the coasters done.

Unsure about Hero, Can't be that bad....can it? šŸ˜‚

I was pleasantly surprised to have a painless ride on Hero yesterday. Not sure how, I was on the inside rather than the outside, maybe that's the key to having an enjoyable (for want of a better word) ride on it. It's still the worst coaster there though.

Also, after thinking for quite a while that I would be unlucky and it to not open, Sik opened at around 2pm and I was able to get my first rides on.

It is the best ride at the park by quite some distance, and as much as I scoffed at what some said about it, it is indeed one of the best rides in the country. Definitely top ten, maybe even encroaching on top 5. It may look like Colossus, but it rides completely different to it. The pacing is great, and the restraints really do make the difference.

The one downside, for me at least, is on the heartline rolls you really feel it on your thighs, could be slightly painful for some. Didn't stop me going back round for re-ride after re-ride though (think it was about 7 in total), something i'd never do on Colossus (and not just because the operations, even on 2 trains make that pretty much impossible).
Other than that it really is a great ride, and perfect addition to the park.

Last edited:
I was pleasantly surprised to have a painless ride on Hero yesterday. Not sure how, I was on the inside rather than the outside, maybe that's the key to having an enjoyable (for want of a better word) ride on it. It's still the worst coaster there though.
I have heard that the inside seats are slightly less painful. Must remember that for when I go in a couple of weeks!

Remember how we saw the Union Jack style design on the Sik train and wondered if maybe the park had originally been planning for the ride to have some kind of jubilee or patriotic theming?

f97da87c7fc2e5b3f067275200dd3f94.jpg

Well I was browsing in a charity shop today and I saw an old Sik Silk t-shirt. Look at the logo, seems that the pattern on the train comes straight from that.

d14538ebcfeee1b1881d5961806acff1.jpg

I have to disagree with the pattern coming straight from the shirt. They are both based of the union flag but that's where the similarities end.
The flag on the train is a complet union flag, with a waved pattern to mimic flowing in the breeze.
The one on the shirt is missing the red strips on the cross. Aka. The original union flag before Northern Ireland was included.
Lastly, and obviously, they are completely different colours.

That's not to say the Jubilee theory is true. Just as likely the brand likes to associate itself with Britishness. But thats not unusual for British brands.

I have now ridden Sik.

It is a good coaster, much better than Colossus and by far better than anything else the park has to offer. But not one of the best in the country.

The station isn't very pleasant. It doesn't really capture a nightclub feel and it is clearly a metal shed with some flags and disco lights. You're also in there for far too long due to the low throughput.

It rides well. The cobra roll and corkscrews which are real lowlights on Colossus ride beautifully; they are really intense, smooth elements. However, the hill after the loop still offers zero airtime and the inline twists are painful on the thighs.

Mingo are currently in the habit of opening the ride at 1pm. I suspect this is due to a staff shortage as Hero and Navigator both mysteriously closed at exactly this time. Not ideal for a brand new ride. Despite this, it had the shortest queue for a major ride other than Kumali.

A good investment. Not enough to tempt me back.

Last edited:
Imagine opening your brand new major coaster late just to run Hero for a few hours. Hahahaha.

Does this coaster only have one train then or are they just running it on the one train in classic Mingo style?

Mingo are currently in the habit of opening the ride at 1pm. I suspect this is due to a staff shortage as Hero and Navigator both mysteriously closed at exactly this time. Not ideal for a brand new ride. Despite this, it had the shortest queue for a major ride other than Kumali.
That's good to know as I'm going next week, thanks for the heads up. šŸ™‚

Imagine opening your brand new major coaster late just to run Hero for a few hours. Hahahaha.

Does this coaster only have one train then or are they just running it on the one train in classic Mingo style?

Only one train. It was mentioned on another forum by a user that works at the park that there is the potential for the park to purchase another train for it at some point but you know, itā€™s Mingo, they donā€™t seem to care about improving throughput.

Last edited:
There will be no second train.
Lots of negative reviews about the park having many non moving queues due to constant big ride closures.
The parks response...all rides must be safe...absolute priority to customers h&s etc.
Low season weekday before I ride this!

With the really hot weather on Monday and Tuesday next week (33-34 degrees), is there a chance that some rides could close? Would I be better off going later in the week?

With the really hot weather on Monday and Tuesday next week (33-34 degrees), is there a chance that some rides could close? Would I be better off going later in the week?

I hugely dislike Flamingo Land at the best of times, never mind in 34 degree heat during the summer holidays. Avoid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro