• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

Mainly the toxic waste dump of Twitter and vloggers.
Twitter... Ugh. My mind still can't wrap what type of people exist on that platform... when I just wanna look at theme park related stuff, for some reason twitter mostly recommends me politics that I'm not interested in. Why is that?

Twitter pushes what people engage with, people tend to engage with intriguing or things that trigger them. The loop continues. All these companies just push you stuff that will keep your eyes on their app the longest.

I’ve heard many enthusiasts rate it as the best UK coaster, but it’s likely that these people got some kind of “favours” off Flamingo Land. Eg, invite to the press event, free tickets etc, so feel obliged to be positive. Either that or they want to get favours off the park so want to keep them sweet. This is all speculation, and Sik is a very good coaster, but number one coaster in the UK? Come on!

On another note, when I visited Flamingo Land recently, the small rides were nearly all opening 10-2, or 2-5, presumably because of staff shortages. I know that Flamingo Land has always struggled to recruit the numbers they need, and it would seem that the nationwide labour crisis is hitting them hard.

Could it not just be the case it's someone's favourite UK coaster?

I mean people seem to love The Smiler so people being fans of Sik makes much more sense to me.

Of course. It’s very much each to their own. I enjoyed Sik and can understand people rating it highly.

The point however, that I was referring to is more that, after the press event, I saw multiple vloggers and Instagrammers coming off the ride claiming it to be the UK’s best coaster. If just one or two had said it, I’d be more inclined to believe them. But for the numbers that said it, it seems that they were very much caught up in the hype.

Sik is a great ride, but to hear such high numbers of people saying it’s better than rides like Nemesis, Oblivion, Stealth and Megafobia seems surprising. I highly doubt those same people would put Colossus (which I know is different to Sik, but not THAT different) in their UK top 10s.

Sik is a great ride, but to hear such high numbers of people saying it’s better than rides like Nemesis, Oblivion, Stealth and Megafobia seems surprising. I highly doubt those same people would put Colossus (which I know is different to Sik, but not THAT different) in their UK top 10s.

With the exception of Nemesis I could definitely believe that people genuinely feel that Sik is a better coaster than the ones you’ve mentioned above.

Megafobia is said to be quite rough these days and Oblivion and Stealth are both good but are “one trick ponies” that offer a very short ride time and do one only thing but do it well.

I haven’t ridden it myself yet but Sik looks fast, intense, and seems pretty epic dipping in to those mist filled trenches and has a good ride time. It fixes a lot of the problems that Colossus has and crucially, whilst being a clone, it seems that it feels like a new experience for people. I wouldn’t be surprised if people are calling it their no.1 after years of riding on the same coasters we have here in this country.

Last edited:
Naturally. I'd expect residents of the intellectual gold mine of TST to be better than rash judgements.

Someone had a good day at Mingo?

Maybe I need to go back.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Saying that Mingoland is not good or had a bad time, could be worse, could spend a day out at M&D's.