• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

Did you do 'mingo in the end skyscraper?
Still awaiting the tour report!
As the queues seem quiet, we may go for this in a few weeks.

Did you do 'mingo in the end skyscraper?
Still awaiting the tour report!
As the queues seem quiet, we may go for this in a few weeks.
I did, but would rather forget about it. I may still do a report though, but the park was rammed with school kids (queue jumping, littering, misbehaving and generally being a nuisance) because apparently trips that were postponed from the Monday and Tuesday (the really hot days) were done the day we went. We wouldn't have gone if we'd known that would be the case. I did get on the main rides I wanted to get on, but only once and late in the afternoon. Would definitely go back on a quieter day though if I could.

I did, but would rather forget about it. I may still do a report though, but the park was rammed with school kids (queue jumping, littering, misbehaving and generally being a nuisance) because apparently trips that were postponed from the Monday and Tuesday (the really hot days) were done the day we went. We wouldn't have gone if we'd known that would be the case. I did get on the main rides I wanted to get on, but only once and late in the afternoon. Would definitely go back on a quieter day though if I could.

I think we’d all be very interested on reading a report if you felt like doing one. I totally understand what you mean by the kids being a nuisance. I visited in the spring this year and there happened to be a youth football tournament that was being held on the grounds and afterwards the kids were allowed entry to the park. I got so sick of the queue jumping as it was doing my head in, kids just climbing over or through the railings or just trying to saunter through the queue lines to join up with their mates.

Anyway, the important question, what did you make of Sik?

Last edited:
I think we’d all be very interested on doing a report if you felt like doing one. I totally understand what you mean by the kids being a nuisance. I visited in the spring this year and there happened to be a youth football tournament that was being held on the grounds and afterwards the kids were allowed entry to the park. I got so sick of the queue jumping as it was doing my head in, kids just climbing over or through the railings or just trying to saunter through the queue lines to join up with their mates.

Anyway, the important question, what did you make of Sik?
Thanks, yeah I queued up for Cliffhanger but had to bail out, as the kids were just too much for me. The app said 20 mins (all day so I think it was broken), but it definitely wasn't 20 mins lol. As for SIK, I'm actually typing the report up right now, so you'll find out soon 🤐🙂

Edit: Will finish and post the trip report tomorrow)

Last edited:
Took advantage of being on holiday nearby to get over to FL and test out Sik (ugh...)

In classic 'mingo style they deferred opening Sik until 11 with no real communication around it. They just turned the queue away at 10 saying "it won't be open for a bit". I can only assume that given it opened bang on 11 it was purposeful rather than an issue.

The coaster itself is great. Pretty smooth (not flawlessly but close) and punchy. The cable lift is great, speeds you up the hill and throws you into the fun first drop.

I won't get into ranking because that's too subjective but it's good. It's amazing how different to Colossus it rides. I suspect if Colossus didn't exist and this was more unique it would get more fanfare than it is getting.

Would certainly recommend it "when you can". We did three rides and that will likely be it for a very long time. Highly unlikely to go back to the park for any other reason. For all the reasons well documented on this thread!

Hi all! I am very excited to be currently carrying out my Design & Technology A-Level coursework where I must conceptualise a new ride addition for Flamingo Land. My hypothetical proposition will then hopefully be produced as a working tabletop model. I am very grateful to be in conversation with numerous contacts at the park including the wonderful Phil Pritchard. I am at the point where it would be brilliant to get the thoughts of some of you who have such strong knowledge of the park. I am particularly interested in what the park has to offer for families looking to progress their tolerance for thrills. I would really appreciate your input regarding the strength of the park's coaster line-up.
Are families catered for with a stepping stone attraction from the kiddie creds to the thrill coasters? Which coaster model would you like to see as the park's next investment into a family thrill ride? Which area of the park do you believe would be suitable for this addition?
Thank you so much for your time.
Joseph

We're thinking of going for the first time on 23rd October as its the only time we can go this year. Can anyone speaking from experience say how busy it's been at this time of year? I've heard how bad operations can be so is it a no-go round Halloween or can it be manageable?

Great day at Flamingo Land today overall.

Good
  • Sik is brilliant, although felt some discomfort in my thighs in the second half that I don't recall on Altair.
  • Cliffhanger is running better than it did when it was new. The speed of the direction change at the top and the force of the drop really provided some amazing air.
Bad
  • Some of the staffing is still inconsistent. The guy on Hero didn't have any uniform visible and was working with Airpods in.
  • Definitely some tired areas of the park.

Ugly
  • The food we got in the zoo was pretty grim.

Cliffhanger is running better than it did when it was new. The speed of the direction change at the top and the force of the drop really provided some amazing air.

Cliffhanger has been running superbly in combo mode this season, it’s got a hell of a kick to it both on the launch up and the drop down. I’d go as far to say it’s one of the very best flat rides in the country at the moment.