• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

We had a very wet visit to Flamingoland on Saturday. Operations were very slow. Do they only ever have one train on all the coasters? The waits weren’t terrible but I can’t imagine how it copes on a busy day!

Random question but why is there a big walls logo on the side of the Lost River Ride? Did it used to sponsor it etc? Such a good drop, but such a lonnnnnng ride to get there! Definitely in need of some theming/audio/storyline (rather than just losing its roof!)

I get laid off by some of my customers every time I get covid...very handy for catching up with other jobs...or getting shut of fussy old ladies!
There is a lot of it about at the moment.

I've not been to Mingo in 10 years now.

Does it still feel like it's run by cowboys?

Contemplating a nip in next year on the way to the holy land to ride 'Sik'. What a dreadful name.

I've not been to Mingo in 10 years now.

Does it still feel like it's run by cowboys?

Contemplating a nip in next year on the way to the holy land to ride 'Sik'. What a dreadful name.
It depends what you mean by that.

I visited for the first time on 7th August, and operations were still very slow, as has often been said about the park in the past. Everything ran 1 train with the exception of Hero, which ran 2 cars, and Mumbo Jumbo, which ran 3 cars. The highest throughput I logged all day, by some margin, was Sik at 373pph. The next highest was Velocity at around 250pph, followed by Kumali at just over 200pph and Hero and Mumbo Jumbo at around 150-200pph.

With that being said, the queues weren’t overly long despite it being the summer holidays. The longest I waited all day was 40 minutes for Pterodactyl (I got hit by a stroke of poor luck here, as the ride broke down when I reached the end of the queue), and few queues exceeded 30 minutes. I got 9 rides in across the course of a 7 hour day, and that included a walk around the zoo that took at least an hour and excluded Pterodactyl (if that hadn’t broken down, my ride count would have been 10!).

With that in mind, I didn’t feel that the throughputs were overly disproportionate to the crowd levels on the day I visited, and I overall had a good day and thought that the park was not nearly as bad as I’d been led to believe.

Sik is worth a ride if you haven’t done it, and even though I wouldn’t say I rated any of their other coasters overly highly, there is something to be said for the breadth and variety of its coaster selection for a park of its calibre, in my opinion. In terms of other aspects; the park perhaps isn’t the most visually polished in areas, but other areas are reasonably themed, and I don’t think that it’s necessarily an outlier in the visual regard compared to numerous other second-tier UK parks. The zoo is also fairly big and quite nice, in my view.

Last edited:
We had a very wet visit to Flamingoland on Saturday. Operations were very slow. Do they only ever have one train on all the coasters? The waits weren’t terrible but I can’t imagine how it copes on a busy day!

Random question but why is there a big walls logo on the side of the Lost River Ride? Did it used to sponsor it etc? Such a good drop, but such a lonnnnnng ride to get there! Definitely in need of some theming/audio/storyline (rather than just losing its roof!)
LRR did used to have audio telling some kind of safari story mainly at the mid course breakrun (not sure why a slow boat ride needs this), not sure if that's long gone though I haven't been in about 15 years.