• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

I visited the park on Sunday and was looking forward to getting my first ride on Sik only to find that it was closed all day.

From reading a few posts on social media it seems that it’s been closed for four days now (Friday through to Monday), and I think additionally it was closed in the middle of last week as well which was attributed to a power problem at the park I believe. I wonder if this new down time is related to that or if it’s some other problem keeping it closed?

does anyone know how busy the park normally gets? i am going for the first time in years with my family but they want to get their an hour after opening and leave earlier, i wanna know how much i will probably get in?

It depends when you go but I don’t think Flamingo Land gets that busy outside of the school summer holidays. If you’re visiting outside of summer holidays, most queues will be 30 mins or less I expect. A lot less in some cases.

does anyone know how busy the park normally gets? i am going for the first time in years with my family but they want to get their an hour after opening and leave earlier, i wanna know how much i will probably get in?
If you're going before the end of the summer hols or on a weekend, it'll be very busy. If you can I'd recommend waiting until the schools have gone back, but if you can't you really should arrive for park opening and aim to stay til the end if you want to get everything done.

If you go on a Sunday they sometimes have lots of kids football matches taking place on the field and the park gets flooded with teenagers when the games finish. Much better to try and go during the week if you can.

Try and persuade them to be there for opening. Can get Hero and Mumbo Jumbo done as they're incredibly crap capacity.

we are going midweek yes

That sounds like a good time to visit!

However I was just trying to look up about the football matches they have there (as a couple of times I’ve visited on a Sunday and they’ve been on) but I’m wondering though if it’s a regular thing every week or perhaps maybe they are just only from weekend football camps held during the various school holidays throughout the year.

Something also worth bearing in mind if that whilst the park opening time is listed at 10am they’ll let you through the entrance before that so it’s possible to get yourself in the queue for Mumbo Jumbo or Hero before that as they are two of the rides that struggle with capacity and operations.

That sounds like a good time to visit!

However I was just trying to look up about the football matches they have there (as a couple of times I’ve visited on a Sunday and they’ve been on) but I’m wondering though if it’s a regular thing every week or perhaps maybe they are just only from weekend football camps held during the various school holidays throughout the year.

Something also worth bearing in mind if that whilst the park opening time is listed at 10am they’ll let you through the entrance before that so it’s possible to get yourself in the queue for Mumbo Jumbo or Hero before that as they are two of the rides that struggle with capacity and operations.
we might get there before 10 but it's my family who i am going with who don't like the idea of getting their early so it will probably be before or just after opening which isn't ideal but i have tried arguing

Does anybody have a recommended order of doing rides? I’m tempted to try to visit soon. It’s a trek from Cardiff so I need to get all rides done as a return visit is unlikely and I would rather not fork out £50 for the fastpasses.

Does anybody have a recommended order of doing rides? I’m tempted to try to visit soon. It’s a trek from Cardiff so I need to get all rides done as a return visit is unlikely and I would rather not fork out £50 for the fastpasses.

Hero and Mumbo Jumbo can both build up a very long queue due to the capacity on them and the operations. Try and get to the park before it opens and get yourself in the Hero queue to be one of the first ones on it, then immediately head over the bridge of the F1 building to do Mumbo Jumbo next and after that head next door to Kumali.

Twistosaurus always has a queue so you’ll just have to suck that one up, but you can make use of Sik’s single rider queue to get on that one quicker.

Ah sorry to hear that! Hope things improve.

It’s what’s been putting me off visiting. It’s too much of a trek to have a poor day and not doing everything I want. I seriously begrudge paying for fastpass too.

You'll have a poor day even if it is quiet. The park isn't good.

Probably better spending the money on flights to a decent European park

trip report:
did every major coaster minus sik which was down pretty much all day - quite upset about that as i will probably never be back so i probably will never do it

throughput is terrible on pretty much everything, mumbo jumbo stacking, kumali one train (tbf short ride) hero bad throughput ect

queue jumpers and vapes galore

trip report:
did every major coaster minus sik which was down pretty much all day - quite upset about that as i will probably never be back so i probably will never do it

throughput is terrible on pretty much everything, mumbo jumbo stacking, kumali one train (tbf short ride) hero bad throughput ect

queue jumpers and vapes galore
Did you do Cliff Hanger?

Probably better spending the money on flights to a decent European park
If you could afford it that is...

But yeah, sorry to hear what's happened on your trip @Alexsniff7 as my trip was actually not bad for what it's worth, still could have been better but I'm not going to ramble on about that.